Fannett, Texas: Gator Country - Home of Big AlBig Al is the largest gator in Texas, over 13 feet long and 1,000 pounds. Over 100 other gators are also in residence at Gator Country; visitors can feed them.
- 21159 FM 365, Fannett, TX
- Gator Country. I-10 exit 838. Drive west a half-mile on FM 365. On the left (south) side.
- Daily 10 am - 6 pm (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Gator Country - Home of Big Al
Come a bit before the gator demonstration begins to see the gators. The park consists of five ponds and can be toured in less then a half hour.[TexBs, 08/16/2010]
Big Al is the biggest alligator in Texas -- over 13 feet long and weighing over a half ton. Over 100 other alligators are available to be fed by visitors to Gator Country. August 2014: Photo added.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Muffler Man - Happy Half Wit, Beaumont, TX - 13 mi.
- Gusher Monument and Replica Oil Boomtown, Beaumont, TX - 14 mi.
- Texas Energy Museum, Beaumont, TX - 15 mi.
- Museum of the Gulf Coast - Janis Joplin Memorabilia, Port Arthur, TX - 21 mi.