Rapid City, South Dakota: America's Street Corner Presidents
Statues of every American President stand on the street corners of downtown Rapid City. Salute Eisenhower, brood with Nixon, and ask James K. Polk who thought he'd look presidential in front of Mr. Nifty Cleaners.
- W. St. Joseph St., Rapid City, SD
- Downtown, at street corners along Main and St. Joseph Sts (which parallel each other) between 4th and 9th Sts. The Info Center -- where you can pick up a map -- is on the northwest corner of 7th and Main. Nixon is on the southwest corner of 5th and St. Joseph.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Rapid City, South Dakota - 42 Corners, 42 Presidents
Street Corner Presidents:
For decades, the civic leaders of Rapid City, South Dakota, have seen millions of tourists drive through town heading south to view the big heads at Mt. Rushmore.
[10/10/2010] Complete Story...
America's Street Corner Presidents
Visitor Tips and News About America's Street Corner Presidents
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Incongruous locations and poor likenesses abound among these statues, oddly slighly smaller than life size. Strange pairings too (Monroe across from Ford?). Worth wandering around downtown Rapid City for a while.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 23, 2013
South Dakota Latest Tips and Stories
- Original 1880 Town, Murdo, South Dakota
- Rest Stop Tiny Church - Eastbound, White Lake, South Dakota
- Boondocks 1950s Retro Complex, Deadwood, South Dakota
- Rooftop Dragon, Mitchell, South Dakota
- Feature: Wild West Historical Wax Museum - Closed, Wall, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips