East Greenwich, Rhode Island: Wireless and Steam Museum
Electrical and mechanical engineering museum emphasizing the beginnings of radio and steam power.
- 1300 Frenchtown Rd, East Greenwich, RI
- 20 miles south of Providence. From south: I-95 north to exit 8. At bottom of exit ramp merge onto Route-2 south. Go through the traffic lights at Division Road, Middle Road, On Semiconductor, and Stanley Bostich. At the fifth set of traffic lights turn right onto Frenchtown Road for one mile and through the four-way stop at Tillinghast Road. 2nd entrance on left.
- Th - volunteer day, usually someone there 9 am. Or by appt. (Call to verify)
Wireless and Steam Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Wireless and Steam Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The New England Wireless and Steam Museum is an electrical and mechanical engineering museum emphasizing the beginnings of radio and steam power. Exhibits include early radio, telegraph, and television equipment, as well as stationary steam, hot air, gas and oil engines.
Try to attend their annual 'Steam-Up' in the fall.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 24, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Rhode Island Latest Tips and Stories
- Dragon Exhaust System, Cumberland, Rhode Island
- Burial Mound of a Slave Trader, Bristol, Rhode Island
- Small Church: Chapel by the Sea, Warwick, Rhode Island
- Palatine Graves, Block Island, Rhode Island
- St. Ann's Art & Cultural Center, Woonsocket, Rhode Island
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips