East Greenwich, Rhode Island: Wireless and Steam Museum
Electrical and mechanical engineering museum emphasizing the beginnings of radio and steam power.
- 1300 Frenchtown Rd, East Greenwich, RI
- 20 miles south of Providence. From south: I-95 north to exit 8. At bottom of exit ramp merge onto Route-2 south. Go through the traffic lights at Division Road, Middle Road, On Semiconductor, and Stanley Bostich. At the fifth set of traffic lights turn right onto Frenchtown Road for one mile and through the four-way stop at Tillinghast Road. 2nd entrance on left.
- Th - volunteer day, usually someone there 9 am. Or by appt. (Call to verify)
Wireless and Steam Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Wireless and Steam Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The New England Wireless and Steam Museum is an electrical and mechanical engineering museum emphasizing the beginnings of radio and steam power. Exhibits include early radio, telegraph, and television equipment, as well as stationary steam, hot air, gas and oil engines.
Try to attend their annual 'Steam-Up' in the fall.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
January 26, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Rhode Island Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: JFK's Rejected Grave Slab, Newport, Rhode Island
- Big Travel Mug, North Smithfield, Rhode Island
- Mr. Potato Head Pizza Guy, Providence, Rhode Island
- Only Place on Earth to find Cumberlandite, Cumberland, Rhode Island
- Lesser Known Vampire Grave, North Smithfield, Rhode Island
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 30-Foot-Tall Native American Head, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Zinc Civil War Soldier, Graves of Interest, Iola, Kansas
- Large Bird Fighting a Snake, Fort Pierce, Florida
- Pirate Statue, Otway, North Carolina
- Stuffed Moray Eel in Appliance Store, Glenview, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips