Dallas, Texas: Traveling Man - 38-Foot-Tall Robot Gumby
The allegorical truckin' Traveling Man towers over the Deep Ellum station of Dallas's downtown light rail system.
Deep Ellum DART station
- N. Good Latimer Expy., Dallas, TX
- Downtown, at the Deep Ellum DART station. Just east of US 75 and just north of I-30; closest to US 75 exits 285 (northbound) and 284C (southbound).
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Traveling Man - 38-Foot-Tall Robot Gumby
Visitor Tips and News About Traveling Man - 38-Foot-Tall Robot Gumby
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Traveling Man towers over the Deep Ellum station of Dallas's downtown light rail system. He was conceived and built by a group of local artists as an allegory of the neighborhood: a guitar-shaped head honors nearby musicians, a stainless steel body reflects the industries that moved away so that the musicians could move in, etc. We like Traveling Man because he's 38 feet tall, weighs 35,000 pounds, and looks like a truckin' robot Gumby. There are two other, smaller, Traveling Men at the station as well.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 12/03/2009]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 1, 2014
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Stonehenge II, Ingram, Texas
- World's Largest Cowboy Boots, San Antonio, Texas
- Alien Abduction Statue, The Woodlands, Texas
- The Loch Tex Monster, The Woodlands, Texas
- Last Vehicle Out of Iraq, Fort Hood, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Louisiana State Penitentiary Museum, Angola, Louisiana
- Big Metal Dragon, East Bethany, New York
- Armored Knight, Batavia, New York
- Entertrainment Junction, West Chester, Ohio
- Holy Land USA, Waterbury, Connecticut
Latest Visitor Tips