Dallas, Texas: Traveling Man - 38-Foot-Tall Robot Gumby
The allegorical truckin' Traveling Man towers over the Deep Ellum station of Dallas's downtown light rail system.
Deep Ellum DART station
- N. Good Latimer Expy., Dallas, TX
- Downtown, at the Deep Ellum DART station. Just east of US 75 and just north of I-30; closest to US 75 exits 285 (northbound) and 284C (southbound).
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Traveling Man - 38-Foot-Tall Robot Gumby
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Traveling Man - 38-Foot-Tall Robot Gumby
Traveling Man towers over the Deep Ellum station of Dallas's downtown light rail system. He was conceived and built by a group of local artists as an allegory of the neighborhood: a guitar-shaped head honors nearby musicians, a stainless steel body reflects the industries that moved away so that the musicians could move in, etc. We like Traveling Man because he's 38 feet tall, weighs 35,000 pounds, and looks like a truckin' robot Gumby. There are two other, smaller, Traveling Men at the station as well.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 12/03/2009]
May 28, 2016
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Barney Smith's Toilet Seat Art Museum, San Antonio, Texas
- 16 Windmills, Montague, Texas
- Mount Rush Hour, Houston, Texas
- Cadillac RV Park, Amarillo, Texas
- Terry Tunes, Yard Artist, Liberty Hill, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Reptile Gardens, Rapid City, South Dakota
- Dania Beach Wild Monkeys at Motel 6, Dania Beach, Florida
- Abandoned Town of Cisco, Cisco, Utah
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Route 66 Monument, Tucumcari, New Mexico