Dallas, Texas: Traveling Man - 38-Foot-Tall Robot Gumby
The allegorical truckin' Traveling Man towers over the Deep Ellum station of Dallas's downtown light rail system.
Deep Ellum DART station
- N. Good Latimer Expy., Dallas, TX
- Downtown, at the Deep Ellum DART station. Just east of US 75 and just north of I-30; closest to US 75 exits 285 (northbound) and 284C (southbound).
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Traveling Man - 38-Foot-Tall Robot Gumby
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Traveling Man - 38-Foot-Tall Robot Gumby
Traveling Man towers over the Deep Ellum station of Dallas's downtown light rail system. He was conceived and built by a group of local artists as an allegory of the neighborhood: a guitar-shaped head honors nearby musicians, a stainless steel body reflects the industries that moved away so that the musicians could move in, etc. We like Traveling Man because he's 38 feet tall, weighs 35,000 pounds, and looks like a truckin' robot Gumby. There are two other, smaller, Traveling Men at the station as well.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 12/03/2009]
October 26, 2016
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Waylon Jennings Museum and Drive-Thru Liquor Store, Littlefield, Texas
- The Egyptian, an Italian Restaurant, Dallas, Texas
- Restored 1940s Gas Station, Jarrell, Texas
- Moses Livestock Bridge, Dime Box, Texas
- 20-Foot-Tall Wooden Nickel, Carl's Corner, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Garden of Eden, Lucas, Kansas
- Muffler Man - Happy Halfwit, Winslow, New Jersey
- Don Q Inn, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
- Emperor Norton Grave, Colma, California
- Grave of Bob Ford, He Shot Jesse James, Richmond, Missouri