Dallas, Texas: Traveling Man - 38-Foot-Tall Robot Gumby
The allegorical truckin' Traveling Man towers over the Deep Ellum station of Dallas's downtown light rail system.
Deep Ellum DART station
- N. Good Latimer Expy., Dallas, TX
- Downtown, at the Deep Ellum DART station. Just east of US 75 and just north of I-30; closest to US 75 exits 285 (northbound) and 284C (southbound).
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Traveling Man - 38-Foot-Tall Robot Gumby
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Traveling Man - 38-Foot-Tall Robot Gumby
Traveling Man towers over the Deep Ellum station of Dallas's downtown light rail system. He was conceived and built by a group of local artists as an allegory of the neighborhood: a guitar-shaped head honors nearby musicians, a stainless steel body reflects the industries that moved away so that the musicians could move in, etc. We like Traveling Man because he's 38 feet tall, weighs 35,000 pounds, and looks like a truckin' robot Gumby. There are two other, smaller, Traveling Men at the station as well.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 12/03/2009]
November 26, 2015
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Oscar Monnig's Meteorites, Fort Worth, Texas
- Only Conch Shell Wall in the U.S., Port Arthur, Texas
- Giant Home-Made Alligator, Beaumont, Texas
- Casket on a Pole, Longview, Texas
- World's Largest Fire Hydrant - Former, Beaumont, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Las Vegas Sign Replica, McCook, Illinois
- Big Charles, Famous Log, Eastpoint, Florida
- The Equality House, Topeka, Kansas
- Famous Mickey's Dining Car, St Paul, Minnesota
- Free Hollywood Museum, Putnam, Connecticut