New Orleans, Louisiana: Hurricane Katrina Sculpture
Artist Sally Heller converted a standing dead oak tree into a menacing monster with a house for a head, using Hurricane Katrina debris. Remembering those crazy days of 2005!
Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
- Convention Center Blvd, New Orleans, LA
- Directly across from the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, on the north side of Town Green, next to the official Hurricane Katrina monument. Corner of John Churchill Chase St. and Convention Center Blvd.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Hurricane Katrina Sculpture
Visitor Tips and News About Hurricane Katrina Sculpture
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Across from the Convention Center is a large sculpture of a house in a tree. It is a Hurricane Katrina memorial.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- National World War Two Museum, New Orleans, LA - < 1 mi.
- Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, LA - < 1 mi.
- Lighthouse Building, New Orleans, LA - < 1 mi.
- Cabildo Museum - Death Mask, Caskets, Leeches, New Orleans, LA - 1 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 22, 2014
Louisiana Latest Tips and Stories
- Marker: Where Stars Flirted with Local Girls, Morganza, Louisiana
- Birthplace of Willie Robertson, Bernice, Louisiana
- Feature: Louisiana State Penitentiary Museum, Angola, Louisiana
- Feature: Huey Long Death Gun, Speechifying Statue, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Feature: Huey Long Shot Here: See the Bullet Hole, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Cateraptasaurus, Rosedale, Maryland
- Mother Mary's Totem, San Luis, Colorado
- Penobscot Narrows Observatory and Bridge, Prospect, Maine
- Big Travel Mug, North Smithfield, Rhode Island
- Mr. Potato Head Pizza Guy, Providence, Rhode Island
Latest Visitor Tips