Hawthorne, California: Beach Boys Boyhood Home Monument
Site of the childhood home of Brian, Carl, and Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys. Fancy monument stands in for home, which was demolished to make way for the 105 freeway.
- 3701 W. 119th St., Hawthorne, CA
- Beach Boys California State Historic Landmark No. 1041. Just south of I-105. Take W 120th St (airport will be to the south), turn north on S. Kornblum Ave. Monument is at the end of Kornblum below the freeway.
Beach Boys Boyhood Home
Visitor Tips and News About Beach Boys Boyhood Home Monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Historical marker commemorates the site of the childhood home of Brian, Carl, and Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys. Marker has a nice bas-relief frieze showing the Beach Boys holding a surfboard. Marker is on the site of the house which was razed in the 1980s to make room for the 105 Freeway through metropolitan Los Angeles. [David Zaitz, 01/01/2010]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 25, 2013
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Urge - Robot Mimics You, San Francisco, California
- Speaking in Tongues Began Here, Los Angeles, California
- Smitten Ice Cream, San Francisco, California
- Ice Cream Parlor Bison Statue, Avalon, California
- Statue of Old Ben, Hungry Sea Lion, Avalon, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips