Branson, Missouri: Marvel Cave
Part of pricey theme park Silver Dollar City, the cave has the third largest entrance room in North America. In 1994, five hot air balloons floated in the Cathedral Room simultaneously.
Silver Dollar City
- 399 Indian Point Rd, Branson, MO
- Hwy 26/265, exit south on Indian Point Rd and follow signs for Silver Dollar City.
- Reduced admission for cave only.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Marvel Cave
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Very cool place, but you have to buy a ticket to Silver Dollar City at $56 for one day. If you come back in 2 hours you end up paying $13.
Marvel Cave, part of Silver Dollar City, boasts it has the 3rd largest entrance room in North America, 5th in the world. It is the deepest cave in Missouri at 505 ft. (that fact was on Jeopardy in June 2008).
It is the longest running cave attraction in Missouri, starting in 1894 as "Marble Cave." The first and only cable train inside a cave was completed in 1958.
It holds the World Record for Underground Altitude, when a hot air balloon was inflated in the Cathedral room and floated to the ceiling 211 ft. The hot air balloons were brought back a few times -- first in 1963 with the first balloon -- then again in 1982 with 2, in 1988 with 3 and for the 100th anniversary of cave tours in 1994 5 hot air balloons floated in the Cathedral Room simultaneously.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 20, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Missouri Latest Tips and Stories
- Japanese Tea House, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Empty Suit, St. Louis, Missouri
- Big Bull on a Pylon, Dedicated by Ike, Kansas City, Missouri
- World's Largest Rooster, Branson, Missouri
- Volkswagen Beetle Hydrant Crash, Joplin, Missouri
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bailey Art Museum - Robots of Clayton Bailey, Crockett, California
- Big Moose Country Store, Hoosick, New York
- Confederate Nuclear Missile, Cordele, Georgia
- Grave of Rocky's Adrian, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- World's Largest Functioning Fire Hydrant, Las Vegas, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips