Crane Lake, Minnesota: Big Voyageur Statue
This statue is fairly out-of-the-way for something that's 15 feet tall. Built in 1959, it pays tribute to the bearded, buckskin-wearing French paddlers that explored the region.
- Crane Lake Rd, Crane Lake, MN
- From US Hwy 53 at Orr, turn east onto Hwy 23. Drive 16.5 miles to Buyck, then continue another 8.5 miles on Crane Lake Rd. The statue will be on the right, at the intersection of Crane Lake and Nelson Rds.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Big Voyageur Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Big Voyageur Statue
Bring insect repellent! And read about the people who lived here! Quite fascinating.
[Eileen Dimino, 08/16/2010]
June 30, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Witch's Hat Water Tower, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Pottyville - Outhouse Collection, Glenwood, Minnesota
- Hot Sam's: Big Weird Junk, Lakeville, Minnesota
- Fagen Fighters WWII Museum, Granite Falls, Minnesota
- Giant Braille Book, Saint Paul, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Jennifer the Shark, Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Shoe Tree, Beatty, Nevada
- Bigfoot Trap, Applegate, Oregon
- Apple Dumpling UFO Docking and Teleportation Center, Cane Beds, Arizona
- Giant Longhorn and Early Oil Mural, Odessa, Texas