Gaylord, Michigan: Rustic 45th Parallel MarkerLooks homemade, or possibly made by Boy Scouts, out of weathered wood. The kind of 45th Parallel Marker you'd expect to see in the 1950s, recently marred by professional signage type.
- Hayes-Tower Rd, Gaylord, MI
- I-75 exit 282. Drive west on Hwy 32/W. Main St. for four miles, then turn left onto Hayes-Tower Rd. Drive south for two miles. The sign will be on the left, just past a gated dirt road.
Visitor Tips and News About Rustic 45th Parallel Marker
This sign is no longer as "rustic" as it appeared in the earlier photo. It looks to have been recently updated, but is still a great photo op![Kait, 06/10/2012]
Gaylord, Mi. 45th parallel marker.[Mike, 09/20/2010]
Most highway signs celebrating the globe-girdling invisible line are standard reflective green. This resembles a 1950s eagle scout project.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Halfway Marker - 45th Parallel, Gaylord, MI - 4 mi.
- Call of the Wild Museum, Gaylord, MI - 4 mi.
- Huge Bottle of Beer, Gaylord, MI - 4 mi.
- In the region: Monument to the Dean of Michigan's Tourism Activity, Kewadin, MI - 29 mi.