Charlotte, North Carolina: Unloved MLK Statue
The statue was sculpted in the 1980s by an 80-year-old woman who claimed to have designed the Roosevelt head on the dime. It's so unloved that there was once a public outcry to replace its head (which failed).
- E. 3rd St., Charlotte, NC
- I-277 exit 1E onto either College Ave. or Davidson St.. Drive north two blocks and then turn right onto E. 3rd St. Drive east only a little way and you'll see Marshall Park on the right. The statue is easily visible from the street, on the right, about three-quarters of the way between Davidson and McDowell Sts.
Visitor Tips and News About Unloved MLK Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Unloved MLK Statue
This park is where the bombing scene takes place in the 2011 TV series "Homeland."
July 7, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- The Fugitive Movie Bus and Train Wreck, Dillsboro, North Carolina
- Tregembo Animal Park (Tote-Em-In Zoo), Wilmington, North Carolina
- House of Mugs, Collettsville, North Carolina
- Coffee Mug House, Collettsville, North Carolina
- Grave of Rum Keg Girl, Standing British Officer, Beaufort, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Seasonally Decorated Dinosaur, Vernal, Utah
- Foamhenge, Natural Bridge, Virginia
- Golden Spike National Historic Site, Promontory Summit, Utah
- Teal Dinosaur, Jensen, Utah
- Corn Palace, Mitchell, South Dakota