Santa Monica, California: Spirit of Santa Monica DC-3
Spirit of Santa Monica DC-3 Aircraft, with a statue of Donald W. Douglas and his dog Wunderbar. At night the DC-3 wing and tail navigation lights, rotating beacon, and landing light are on.
Santa Monica Airport
- Airport Ave., Santa Monica, CA
- Santa Monica Airport, on the corner of Airport Avenue, and Donald Douglas Loop S.
- Always visible. Lights on at night.
Spirit of Santa Monica DC-3
Visitor Tips and News About Spirit of Santa Monica DC-3
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Spirit of Santa Monica DC-3 Aircraft mounted in the air as if in flight. With a statue of Donald W. Douglas and his dog Wunderbar. At night the DC-3 wing and tail navigation lights, rotating beacon, and landing light are on. It is next to the future new home of the Museum of Flight.
[David Kamada, 02/11/2010]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
November 28, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Point Mugu Missile Park, Port Hueneme, California
- Beatles/Classic Rock Ice Cream Shoppe, Pacific Grove, California
- Bliss Dance, San Francisco, California
- Piano Staircase, Hollywood, California
- Bono's Giant Orange Stand, Fontana, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Tucson Toro - Magic Carpet Bull, Tucson, Arizona
- Big Jack Made From Fireplugs, Shelburne, Vermont
- Abandoned Whiskey Distillery Castle, Frankfort, Kentucky
- Feature: Housewife-Whacking Meteor Fell Here, Oak Grove, Alabama
- Feature: Alabama's Housewife-Whacking Meteorite, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Latest Visitor Tips