Grand Rapids, Michigan - Snowhenge
Visitor Tips and News About Snowhenge
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A 1/3rd scale replica of Stonehenge is at the MacKay Jaycees Family Park in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The monument built out of Michigan's most abundant natural raw material is appropriately named Snowhenge.
Standing 6.5 feet tall and 30 feet in diameter and consisting of nearly 1000 cubic feet of packed snow, Snowhenge's 12 pillars and 12 lintels are perfectly aligned astronomical markers.
Curiously, the phenomenon known as global warming which has created isolated heat zones around the globe inversely causes cold spots on the opposite side of the globe. Numerous consecutive years of record heat spikes in Perth, Australia are directly responsible for the extraordinary cold snaps at MacKay Jaycees Family Park which will amazingly keep Snowhenge frozen all year round.
[Peter Salisbury, 02/15/2010]
Address: 2531 Kalamazoo Street, Grand Rapids, MI
Directions: MacKay Jaycees Family Park, Kalamazoo Street, just north of 28th Street.
Hours: 9 am till dusk
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 8, 2013
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- Parking Garage with Beautiful Ceiling, Detroit, Michigan
- Hollywood Sign Replica, Waterford, Michigan
- Strange Sculpture - Procession to Hell, Dexter, Michigan
- Tiny Church Prayer Chapel, Olivet, Michigan
- Mental Hospital Tour: Buildings and Tunnels, Traverse City, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Longest Epitaph In Granite, Bloomington, Illinois
- Coffinwood, Pahrump, Nevada
- White Squirrels of the Pacific, Dana Point, California
- Grave of the Oldest Civil War Soldier, Chillicothe, Iowa
- Munch Box, Chatsworth, California
Latest Visitor Tips