Redford, Texas: Tipi Rest Stop
Three giant metal tipis provide shade for the picnic area at this roadside rest stop.
Big Bend State Park
- FM 170, Redford, TX
- In Big Bend State Park, on the south side of FM 170, right on the Mexican border. The rest stop is within the park, about a mile west of the Madera Canyon campground.
Tipi Rest Stop
Visitor Tips and News About Tipi Rest Stop
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Three giant metal tipis provide shade for the picnic area at this roadside rest stop. Maintained by the Texas Department of Transportation. Wheelchair accessible.
September 2, 2015
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Big Pink Pig Smoker, Lake Dallas, Texas
- Isetta with Legs - Not VW Beetle, Stamford, Texas
- Branch Davidian Massacre Site, Waco, Texas
- Big Roadrunner, Lufkin, Texas
- Space Alien Pilot Buried Here, Aurora, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Famous Orange Dinosaur, Saugus, Massachusetts
- Largest Cactus in Massachusetts, Saugus, Massachusetts
- Miniature Washington Monument Replica, Mount Vernon, Illinois
- Sit with Roger Ebert, Champaign, Illinois
- Pop Art Duff Beer Can and Cigarette Pack, Emmett, Michigan