Redford, Texas: Tipi Rest Stop
Three giant metal tipis provide shade for the picnic area at this roadside rest stop.
Big Bend State Park
- FM 170, Redford, TX
- In Big Bend State Park, on the south side of FM 170, right on the Mexican border. The rest stop is within the park, about a mile west of the Madera Canyon campground.
Tipi Rest Stop
Visitor Tips and News About Tipi Rest Stop
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Three giant metal tipis provide shade for the picnic area at this roadside rest stop. Maintained by the Texas Department of Transportation. Wheelchair accessible.
May 4, 2016
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Clyde's Gun, Spanky's Pants, Dallas, Texas
- Stoner Patriot Peace Garden of All Faiths, Amarillo, Texas
- Gas Station From Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003), Manor, Texas
- The Star of Texas: Giant Rocking Chair, Lipan, Texas
- Clyde Barrow's Grave, Dallas, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Chained Rock, Pineville, Kentucky
- Chandelier Tree, Leggett, California
- Public Art Bus Station, Ventura, California
- Starlight Movie-Themed Motel, Colchester, Vermont
- Drive-In Movie and Motel, Fairlee, Vermont