Redford, Texas: Tipi Rest Stop
Three giant metal tipis provide shade for the picnic area at this roadside rest stop.
Big Bend State Park
- FM 170, Redford, TX
- In Big Bend State Park, on the south side of FM 170, right on the Mexican border. The rest stop is within the park, about a mile west of the Madera Canyon campground.
Tipi Rest Stop
Visitor Tips and News About Tipi Rest Stop
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Three giant metal tipis provide shade for the picnic area at this roadside rest stop. Maintained by the Texas Department of Transportation. Wheelchair accessible.
May 29, 2016
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Ruins of St. Dominic's Church, Hondo, Texas
- Feature: Barney Smith's Toilet Seat Art Museum, San Antonio, Texas
- 16 Windmills, Montague, Texas
- Mount Rush Hour, Houston, Texas
- Cadillac RV Park, Amarillo, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Buckhorn Exchange Restaurant - 500 Stuffed Animals, Denver, Colorado
- License Plate House, Crested Butte, Colorado
- Stone Animal Fence, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Sheldon the Treeman, Shelton, Washington
- Mayfield Dairy Visitor Center, Athens, Tennessee