Redford, Texas: Tipi Rest Stop
Three giant metal tipis provide shade for the picnic area at this roadside rest stop.
Big Bend State Park
- FM 170, Redford, TX
- In Big Bend State Park, on the south side of FM 170, right on the Mexican border. The rest stop is within the park, about a mile west of the Madera Canyon campground.
Tipi Rest Stop
Visitor Tips and News About Tipi Rest Stop
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Three giant metal tipis provide shade for the picnic area at this roadside rest stop. Maintained by the Texas Department of Transportation. Wheelchair accessible.
February 10, 2016
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Human Organs, Houston, Texas
- 20-Foot-Tall Wooden Nickel, Carl's Corner, Texas
- Petrified Wood Gas Station, Cafe, Motel, Decatur, Texas
- 30-Foot-Tall Eyeball, Dallas, Texas
- Vintage Flying Museum, Fort Worth, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- The Goop, Mini-Golf Alien Survivor, Tucson, Arizona
- Pioneer Pete the Rooster, Piano Requests, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Tortilla Flat, Tortilla Flat, Arizona
- Sac-O-Suds Store from My Cousin Vinny, Monticello, Georgia
- Andre the Giant Exhibit, Ellerbe, North Carolina