Redford, Texas: Tipi Rest Stop
Three giant metal tipis provide shade for the picnic area at this roadside rest stop.
Big Bend State Park
- FM 170, Redford, TX
- In Big Bend State Park, on the south side of FM 170, right on the Mexican border. The rest stop is within the park, about a mile west of the Madera Canyon campground.
Tipi Rest Stop
Visitor Tips and News About Tipi Rest Stop
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Three giant metal tipis provide shade for the picnic area at this roadside rest stop. Maintained by the Texas Department of Transportation. Wheelchair accessible.
May 25, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Korean War Foxhole, San Antonio, Texas
- Buckhorn Hall of Horns, San Antonio, Texas
- Eclectic Menagerie Park - Metal Sculptures, Houston, Texas
- Sitagu Buddhist Temple, Austin, Texas
- Prada Marfa, Valentine, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: National WWII Museum, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Tin Man from Oz, Readfield, Wisconsin
- Cave Restaurant, Richland, Missouri
- The Road to Nowhere, Bryson City, North Carolina
- Fierce Lake Erie Shark, Port Clinton, Ohio