Woodstock, Illinois: Shoe Tree
Tree with branches reported to be festooned with many pairs of shoes.
- Dunham Rd, Woodstock, IL
- On the south side of Dunham Rd, just east of Menge Rd, opposite a gated driveway on the north side. From downtown Woodstock drive west on US Hwy 14 about four miles, turn left on Dunham Rd, and it's 2.5 miles on the left.
Visitor Tips and News About Shoe Tree
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Before my day trip to Chicago, I read about shoe trees on your web site. Imagine my surprise when a construction detour took me right past my first one...and one that isn't yet on your maps, to "boot"! :-) This one's got a lot of shoes so far, and it's fairly convenient to Woodstock, IL, if you're already there to "see the groundhog."
[Joe Thiel, 03/04/2010]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Harmilda the Cow, Milk Day Festival, Harvard, IL - 6 mi.
- Groundhog Day Movie Town, Woodstock, IL - 7 mi.
- Donley's Wild West Town, Union, IL - 10 mi.
- In the region: Railroad Intersection, Hobo Fire Pit, Rochelle, IL - 38 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 22, 2013
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Dungeons & Dragons Park, Carbondale, Illinois
- Uniroyal Gal, Mount Vernon, Illinois
- The Ledge - 1,353 Feet Straight Down, Chicago, Illinois
- The Bean - Stoners' Delight, Chicago, Illinois
- "Gertrude" the Guernsey Cow, Rockford, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips