Hemet, California: Maze Stone - PetroglyphMaze-like prehistoric carving in a rock, artist unknown, is on a hill west of Hemet.
Maze Stone County Park
- California Ave., Hemet, CA
- West of town in Reinhardt Canyon. Hwy 74 to California Ave. Follow for 3 miles to end. Park near gate, walk on the road up the hill. The stone is within chain link fences.
Visitor Tips and News About Maze Stone - Petroglyph
You cannot park near the stone any more, but it was a beautiful walk just as the sun was peeking over the foothills, lots of quail.[Rob, 04/04/2012]
A petroglyph of unknown origin graces a small mountain area. Some people call the glyphs everything from old remnants of Cascadians to religious symbols. Take Hwy 74 to the end of California Ave.[Todd, 04/08/2010]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Pink Lamb Rock, Moreno Valley, CA - 7 mi.
- Orange Empire Railway Museum, Perris, CA - 10 mi.
- Nightly Bat Swarm, Valle Vista, CA - 10 mi.
- In the region: Queen Califia's Magical Circle Garden - Temporarily Closed, Escondido, CA - 48 mi.