A grandfather clock built over a sidewalk steam vent in 1977 to harness its energy. The clock plays the Westminster Chimes every hour and whistles and gushes steam every 15 minutes. Clear glass sides invite scrutiny.
- Water St., Vancouver, BC, Canada
- On the northwest corner of Water and Cambie Sts, in the city's Gastown district. Hwy 1 exit 26. Drive west on E. Hastings St./BC-7A E. for a little less than six kilometers. You'll see a park on the left with a large granite pillar. Turn right at the pillar onto Cambie St. Drive two blocks. The clock will be on the left.
Visitor Tips and News About Steam Clock
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Watch out for people on the street offering a "free" tour of clock. It is not free!
[Dan Morris, 07/22/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Police Museum: The Milkshake Murderer, Vancouver, BC, Canada - < 1 mi.
- Giant Sparrows, Vancouver, BC, Canada - < 1 mi.
- Silver House On Stilts, Vancouver, BC, Canada - < 1 mi.
- The Tomahawk Restaurant - Free Indian Headdresses, North Vancouver, BC, Canada - 3 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 25, 2013
British Columbia Latest Tips and Stories
- Esso Gnome: Largest in Canada, Nanoose, British Columbia
- Paul B in Squamish, Squamish, British Columbia
- Giant Raspberries, Abbotsford, British Columbia
- Giant Sparrows, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Floating Ghost Ships, Powell River, British Columbia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips