Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada: Steam Clock - Temporarily Gone
A grandfather clock built over a sidewalk steam vent in 1977 to harness its energy. The clock plays the Westminster Chimes every hour and whistles and gushes steam every 15 minutes. Clear glass sides invite scrutiny.
- Water St., Vancouver, BC, Canada
- On the northwest corner of Water and Cambie Sts, in the city's Gastown district. Hwy 1 exit 26. Drive west on E. Hastings St./BC-7A E. for a little less than six kilometers. You'll see a park on the left with a large granite pillar. Turn right at the pillar onto Cambie St. Drive two blocks. The clock will be on the left.
- Oct. 2014: removed for repairs. Expected back by Christmas.
Visitor Tips and News About Steam Clock - Temporarily Gone
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Watch out for people on the street offering a "free" tour of clock. It is not free!
[Dan Morris, 07/22/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Police Museum: The Milkshake Murderer, Vancouver, BC, Canada - < 1 mi.
- Very Large Abacus, Vancouver, BC, Canada - < 1 mi.
- Digital Orca, a.k.a. Pixel Whale, Vancouver, BC, Canada - < 1 mi.
- In the region: Overgrown Ship Hulk, Anacortes, WA - 57 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 24, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
British Columbia Latest Tips and Stories
- Sci-Fi Dome of the Bloedel Conservatory, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Digital Orca, a.k.a. Pixel Whale, Vancouver, British Columbia
- World's Largest Cross Country Skis, 100 Mile House, British Columbia
- World's Largest Wooden Paddle, Parson, British Columbia
- Goats on the Roof, Nanaimo, British Columbia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Cateraptasaurus, Rosedale, Maryland
- Mother Mary's Totem, San Luis, Colorado
- Penobscot Narrows Observatory and Bridge, Prospect, Maine
- Big Travel Mug, North Smithfield, Rhode Island
- Mr. Potato Head Pizza Guy, Providence, Rhode Island
Latest Visitor Tips