Belle Plaine, Minnesota: Two-Story Outhouse
- Court Square, Belle Plaine, MN
- Hooper-Bowler-Hillstrom House. On the north edge of town, one block west of Walnut St./Hwy 25, by Court Square Park.
- Currently closed to tours. (Call to verify)
Attached to an old, locally prominent house, so it's also a historic two-story outhouse. Roadsideamerica.com Report...
Visitor Tips and News About Two-Story Outhouse
This 2-story outhouse is attached to the Hooper-Bowler-Hillstrom House. The Bowler family purchased the house in 1886, who later built the outhouse to accommodate the large family.
The city of Belle Plaine now owns this house. Though we arrived after the hours of operation, the outhouse was no less impressive at two looming stories with a total of 6 powder rooms -- 3 on each of the outhouse's floors![Amy-Marty, 06/18/2009]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Large Panfish Statue, New Prague, MN - 11 mi.
- Nike Hercules Missile, St. Bonifacius, MN - 19 mi.
- Baseball Cows, Le Sueur, MN - 13 mi.
- Bench for "You Can't Always Get What You Want" Man, Excelsior, MN - 22 mi.