Hermitage, Tennessee: Airplane Wing Sundial
A large, working sundial made of aircraft wings whose tips have been stuck into the ground.
- 3700 James Kay Lane, Hermitage, TN
- East out of Nashville on I-40 past Percy Priest dam to Hermitage exit 221A, come to the Central Pike exit on the right, take this and turn left at the light at the bottom, you will come to Dodson Chapel Rd. Go through the light and you will see the sundial on the right, behind the Hermitage Library in Hermitage Park. Park at the library or at the park.
Airplane Wing Sundial
Visitor Tips and News About Airplane Wing Sundial
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Giant Sundial made out of airplane wings. This is a functioning sundial. I was there at 11:00 am and the shadow of the wing was pointing at the 11 marker on the ground. Put up by Metro Parks.
[B Carter, 06/02/2010]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 25, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Tennessee Latest Tips and Stories
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Feature: National Knife Museum, Sevierville, Tennessee
- Feature: Mud Island, Memphis, Tennessee
- Feature: Hannah's Maze of Mirrors, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Sugar Flat Road Creature, Chattanooga, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
- Gnarled Hand Rising from the Earth, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Latest Visitor Tips