Long Lane, Missouri: Smallest Bank in Missouri
Rickety old building, now isolated in a grassy lot, that was apparently just large enough to conduct business. A marker in front affirms its place in Missouri history.
Visitor Tips and News About Smallest Bank in Missouri
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Smallest Bank in Missouri
The plaque reads:
THE SMALLEST BANK IN MISSOURI
[Gina Taylor, 06/11/2010]
OPENED ON AUG. 15, 1910
BY NOV. 1926 HAD A CAPITOL OF $46,500.
IT SURVIVED THE GREAT DEPRESSION AND A ROBBERY IN THE 1930'S
THEN MERGED WITH BANK OF BUFFALO IN 1938
September 1, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Missouri Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Morel Mushroom, Nevada, Missouri
- Jess & Jim's Steakhouse Steer, Martin City, Missouri
- Big Chair, Branson, Missouri
- Big Spider Sculpture, Kansas City, Missouri
- Strange Steel Drum Family, Warrensburg, Missouri
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Pop Art Duff Beer Can and Cigarette Pack, Emmett, Michigan
- Giant Copper Indian, Champaign, Illinois
- Giant Abe Lincoln, Kankakee, Illinois
- Gravity Hill, Greenfield, Massachusetts
- Big Working Kaleidoscope, Three Oaks, Michigan