Long Lane, Missouri: Smallest Bank in Missouri
Rickety old building, now isolated in a grassy lot, that was apparently just large enough to conduct business. A marker in front affirms its place in Missouri history.
Visitor Tips and News About Smallest Bank in Missouri
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Smallest Bank in Missouri
The plaque reads:
THE SMALLEST BANK IN MISSOURI
[Gina Taylor, 06/11/2010]
OPENED ON AUG. 15, 1910
BY NOV. 1926 HAD A CAPITOL OF $46,500.
IT SURVIVED THE GREAT DEPRESSION AND A ROBBERY IN THE 1930'S
THEN MERGED WITH BANK OF BUFFALO IN 1938
August 2, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Missouri Latest Tips and Stories
- Strange Steel Drum Family, Warrensburg, Missouri
- Glore Psychiatric Museum, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Wild Animal Safari, formerly Exotic Animal Paradise, Strafford, Missouri
- Eager Gas Jockey, Crystal City, Missouri
- Yakov Smirnoff Theatre, Branson, Missouri
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Big Shoe, New Castle, Indiana
- Rambo First Blood Film Site, Hope, British Columbia
- World's Former Largest Cherry Pie Pan, Charlevoix, Michigan
- The Burning House, Leggett, Texas
- Colonel Allensworth State Historic Park, Earlimart, California