Ely, Minnesota: Pillow Rocks
Rare ellipsoidal lava flow formed beneath primeval sea 2.7 billion years ago. They look more like "Gray Peanut Brittle Rocks" to us, but we didn't write their evocative sign.
- 13th Ave, Ely, MN
- North side of Main St. between 12th Ave. and 14th Avenues. Follow historical marker signs.
Visitor Tips and News About Pillow Rocks
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Pillow Rocks are around the corner from my house here in Ely. There are historical marker signs on Camp St., one block north of Sheridan St, the main drag in Ely.
September 28, 2016
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Eastbound: The Golden Stripe, Blue Earth, Minnesota
- Big Peace Pipe, Pipestone, Minnesota
- Dala Horse, Mora, Minnesota
- World's Largest Walleye, Rush City, Minnesota
- Rapidan Dam Cafe - That Dam Humor, Rapidan, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Plane on a Stick, Lakewood, California
- Jesus Wearing Cowboy Boots, Paris, Texas
- Magnetic Hill, Springer, Oklahoma
- Jesse James' Corpse Basket - Funeral Museum, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Japanese Temple Replica, Kaneohe, Oahu, Hawaii