Ely, Minnesota: Pillow Rocks
Rare ellipsoidal lava flow formed beneath primeval sea 2.7 billion years ago. They look more like "Gray Peanut Brittle Rocks" to us, but we didn't write their evocative sign.
- 13th Ave, Ely, MN
- North side of Main St. between 12th Ave. and 14th Avenues. Follow historical marker signs.
Visitor Tips and News About Pillow Rocks
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Pillow Rocks are around the corner from my house here in Ely. There are historical marker signs on Camp St., one block north of Sheridan St, the main drag in Ely.
August 4, 2015
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Two-Way Oldsmobile, Preston, Minnesota
- Tiny Church, Luverne, Minnesota
- Last Happy Chef, Mankato, Minnesota
- Steven Seagull - Polite Knocker, Duluth, Minnesota
- Big Walleye, Isle, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Sword in the Stone, Urbandale, Iowa
- Camera Obscura - Giant Pinhole Camera, Santa Monica, California
- Peanut Butter and Nut Tour, Columbus, Ohio
- Large Shrimps with Top Hats, Titusville, Florida
- Prayer Mountain, Wimberley, Texas