Dallas, Texas: Big Longhorn Steer Statue
Fiberglass statue of a longhorn steer, remnant of a steak house/motel and a club that Jack Ruby owned.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Big Longhorn Steer Statue
Visitor Tips and News About Big Longhorn Steer Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Longhorn Statue is actually part of the longhorn ballroom next door to the Mexican place mentioned in the tip (the sign is now gone). This is the club once owned by Jack Ruby, the shooter of Lee Harvey Oswald. It was also the site of a famous Sex Pistols concert in the 70's.
It is now rented out for motorcycle swap meets and and events.
Longhorn Steer Statue
While driving the back streets of Dallas, a huge longhorn statue caught my eye. Raul's Corral Mexican Food appears to be a converted western motif steak house/motel. The longhorn stands in the parking lot in front of the business, under the marquee.
[G Godding, 06/18/2010]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
November 28, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Black Marble Floating on Water, Amarillo, Texas
- No Train Porn, Austin, Texas
- Paisano Pete: Giant Roadrunner, Fort Stockton, Texas
- Giant Statue of Sam Houston, Huntsville, Texas
- Cadillac Ranch, Amarillo, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Housewife-Whacking Meteor Fell Here, Oak Grove, Alabama
- Feature: Alabama's Housewife-Whacking Meteorite, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Blue Whale, Catoosa, Oklahoma
- Biloxi Katrina Trees, Biloxi, Mississippi
- Grave of Sam Kinison, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips