Metropolis, Illinois: Lois Lane in BronzeComic book ace reporter Lois Lane is immortalized in a bronze statue just three blocks from a towering fiberglass statue of The Man of Steel.
Lois Lane Statue
- W. 8th St., Metropolis, IL
- Downtown, on the northeast corner of W. 8th and Market Sts, between the chiropractor and the bank. Three blocks north of the Superman statue.
Nine-Foot-Tall Lois Lane: Metropolis, Illinois, was officially declared "Hometown of Superman" by DC Comics in 1972. But it wasn't until 1993 that the town replaced a shrimpy, homely statue with a decent, 15-foot-tall heroic Superman. Now, 17 years later, Superman has been joined by a slightly less supersized Lois Lane. [06/17/2010] Complete Story...
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Super Museum, Metropolis, IL - < 1 mi.
- Superman Statue, Metropolis, IL - < 1 mi.
- Kryptonite, Metropolis, IL - < 1 mi.
- Fort Massac - Aaron Burr's Plots to Conquer Mexico, Metropolis, IL - 1 mi.