Salisbury, Vermont: Big Lady Squirrel"Kampy" has stood at a campground entrance for years, although maybe not as long as her Victorian striped bathing suit would suggest.
- 1457 Lake Dunmore Rd, Salisbury, VT
- Take US 7 either seven miles south of Middlebury or nine miles north of Brandon. Turn east onto Lake Dunmore Rd/Hwy 53 and drive 1.5 miles. The squirrel will be on the left (north) side, at the entrance to Kampersville campground
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Big Lady Squirrel
Large squirrel in old-fashioned bathing suit - very cute, yet odd.[Janet Strusz, 08/06/2011]
"Kampy" the lady squirrel is the mascot of the Kampersville campground.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Gorilla Holds Aloft A VW Beetle, Leicester, VT - 3 mi.
- Jet on a Stick, Middlebury, VT - 6 mi.
- Sheldon Museum: Petrified Boy, Stuffed Cat, Mummy Grave, Middlebury, VT - 8 mi.
- In the region: Shelburne Museum: Landlocked Ship, Shelburne, VT - 32 mi.