Salisbury, Vermont: Big Lady Squirrel
"Kampy" has stood at a campground entrance for years, although maybe not as long as her Victorian striped bathing suit would suggest.
- 1457 Lake Dunmore Rd, Salisbury, VT
- Take US 7 either seven miles south of Middlebury or nine miles north of Brandon. Turn east onto Lake Dunmore Rd/Hwy 53 and drive 1.5 miles. The squirrel will be on the left (north) side, at the entrance to Kampersville campground
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Big Lady Squirrel
Visitor Tips and News About Big Lady Squirrel
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Large squirrel in old-fashioned bathing suit - very cute, yet odd.
[Janet Strusz, 08/06/2011]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Gorilla Holds Aloft A VW Beetle, Leicester, VT - 3 mi.
- Jet on a Stick, Middlebury, VT - 6 mi.
- Sheldon Museum: Petrified Boy, Stuffed Cat, Mummy Grave, Middlebury, VT - 8 mi.
- In the region: Steam Locomotive Built of Junk, West Rutland, VT - 24 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 24, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Vermont Latest Tips and Stories
- Bear Family (Gone), Rutland, Vermont
- Santa's Land, Putney, Vermont
- Steam Locomotive Built of Junk, West Rutland, Vermont
- Gorilla Holds Aloft A VW Beetle, Leicester, Vermont
- Champ the Lake Monster Statue, Burlington, Vermont
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Longest Covered Bridge in U.S., Ashtabula, Ohio
- Gusher Monument and Replica Oil Boomtown, Beaumont, Texas
- Queen Street Narrow House, Alexandria, Virginia
- Feature: 1964-65 New York World's Fair Attractions, Queens, New York
- Tallest Roadside Tombstone in the U.S., Merced, California
Latest Visitor Tips