Appalachian State University is proud of their fist-waving, shouting, bronze mountain man statue, named "Yosef."
- Rivers St., Boone, NC
- Blue Ridge Parkway, Boone exit, head up main highway through Blowing Rock past Mystery Hill and Tweetsie Railroad to main drag in Boone past chain restaurants and motels and you will soon come upon the University. Mountain Man is at one of the main entrances to the school. US Hwy 321, south of Locust St.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Mountain Man Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This is Yosef, the mascot for Appalachian State University. He got his name from an old Southern saying that parents would tell their kids: "As you get older, remember to be yourself".... which turned into "yosef."
Mountain Man Statue
At the entrance to Appalachian State University stands this very tall statue of the Mountain Man (which I believe is their team's mascot). This is a very tall statue made out of bronze. Right up this entrance is their new modern football stadium....
[B Carter, 07/03/2010]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 19, 2014
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Mystery Hill And Mystery House, Blowing Rock, North Carolina
- Birthplace of Pepsi, New Bern, North Carolina
- Andrews Geyser, Old Fort, North Carolina
- Miracle on the Hudson Jet, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Occoneechee Trappers Lodge, Garysburg, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Lopez Town Park Bombs, Lopez, Pennsylvania
- World's Oldest and Least Flattering McKinley Statue, Muskegon, Michigan
- Statue of Gabe, Owensboro, Kentucky
- Sound Garden, Seattle, Washington
- Park Bench Tribute to Kurt Cobain, Seattle, Washington
Latest Visitor Tips