Blairsville, Georgia: Misty Mountain Model Railroad
3,400 square ft. O-gauge train display features 14 Lionel trains on a mile of track with 12 bridges, four trestles and 15 tunnels.
- 16 Misty Mountain Lane, Blairsville, GA
- Six miles west of town. Drive west 2.5 miles on US Hwy 19, then turn left onto Town Creek School Rd and drive 3.5 miles. Turn right onto Misty Mountain Lane. The Railroad (it's indoors) is next to the Misty Mountain Inn.
- May - Dec. M, W, Sa tour 2 pm. (Call to verify)
Misty Mountain Model Railroad
Visitor Tips and News About Misty Mountain Model Railroad
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
America's largest O-gauge train display, this 3,400 square foot layout features 14 O-gauge Lionel trains traveling on a mile of track over 12 bridges and four trestles and through 15 tunnels. Approximately 300 pieces from Department 56 are sprinkled throughout the display that represent North Georgia and Atlanta. The display is open May through December and a one hour tour begins promptly at 2:00 p.m. every Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.
[C. J. Waters, 07/04/2010]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 25, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Georgia Latest Tips and Stories
- Southern Forest World Environmental Center, Waycross, Georgia
- Bud Jones Taxidermy Shop, Tallapoosa, Georgia
- Scrap Metal Eagle, Calhoun, Georgia
- Georgia Game Park, Rising Fawn, Georgia
- Allman Brothers Caged Party Graves, Macon, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Big Steer, Lamar, Missouri
- Adult Pirate Ship, Port Tobacco, Maryland
- Booger Hollow Trading Post, Booger Hollow, Arkansas
- Doctor's Bag and Stethoscope, Newark, Delaware
- Vatican Gardens Knockoff, Bridgeport, Connecticut
Latest Visitor Tips