Ruston, Louisiana: Large Rocking ChairA large yellow rocking chair sits in someone's front yard.
- 774 Hwy 146, Ruston, LA
- I-20 exit 85 (Ruston), go south on Hwy 146. At California Ave., Hwy 146 will turn east (left turn). Follow Hwy 146 when it turns right onto S. Farmerville, and then left onto MLK Drive. Continue about two miles. Just south of Water Tank Rd, chair on right.
- Private property, okay to approach chair.
Visitor Tips and News About Large Rocking Chair
Coming off the interstate, it seemed like it was a ways out of the way. After driving through an iffy neighborhood, found it in someone's front yard. The people who lived there kept looking at us suspiciously.[JoJo, 08/02/2013]
Perhaps you resemble notorious international chair thieves.
The chair was an awesome stop! We did have to drive through some neighborhoods that seemed a little scary, but it was well worth it![ME, 05/12/2012]
Large (10-12' high) yellow rocking chair sits in the front yard of a house on LA 146 near the Ruston Regional Airport in Louisiana. The chair is on someone's property outside of their house, so we didn't go up to the chair, but admired it from the road. No indication as to why the chair is there.[J.J. Kwashnak, 06/30/2010]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Duck Dynasty Headquarters, West Monroe, LA - 26 mi.
- Bonnie and Clyde Ambush Museum, Gibsland, LA - 26 mi.
- Biedenharn Coca-Cola and Bible Museum, Monroe, LA - 28 mi.
- In the region: PurpleHull Pea Festival and World Championship Rotary Tiller Race, Emerson, AR - 53 mi.