Lynchburg, Tennessee: Moore County Old Jail MuseumFor a dollar, a guided tour of the county's two-cell jail, which had prisoners until 1990.
Moore County Old Jail Museum
- 231 Main St., Lynchburg, TN
- Main St. and Wiseman Park Rd. One block west of the Tennessee Walking Horse Museum.
- Th-Sa 11 am -3 pm. Closed holidays. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Moore County Old Jail Museum
In downtown Lynchburg just off the square, funny guided tour provided for a dollar, open 11-3 March through mid-December.[Darick Maasen, 07/11/2010]
The 2-cell jail operated from 1893-1990. Not to be confused with the Old Jail Museum in nearby Winchester, TN.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Jack Daniel's Grave, Lynchburg, TN - < 1 mi.
- Jack Daniel's Distillery Tour - Safe That Killed Daniel, Lynchburg, TN - < 1 mi.
- Grave of Beautiful Jim Key, the Educated Horse, Shelbyville, TN - 12 mi.
- In the region: Backwards Plaque Shuns the KKK, Pulaski, TN - 38 mi.