Results 1 to 2 of 2...
The museum exhibits a mighty slab of cryptically carved rock. Is it a history-shaking bit of debris left by ancient Nordic litterbugs -- or a prank by a bored Minnesota farmer? Roadsideamerica.com Report... [10/28/2008]
Visitor Tips and News About Runestone Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Kensington Runestone has become rolling billboard #136 in U-Haul's "Venture Across America" campaign. The series of Believe-It-Or-Not-style graphics began back in 1997, favoring arcane oddities such as the Humongous Fungus in Crystal Falls, Michigan (#83), and America's largest unknown meteor crater in Manson, Iowa (#97). The Runestone's debut closely follows another Nordic-flavored attraction, the Viking Tower of Newport, Rhode Island (#120). U-Haul side-stepped the idea of Vikings in Newport by crediting the Tower's creation to "unknown explorers," but boldly sides with the redbeards in Alexandria by depicting the disputed Runestone with a dragon boat.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 06/08/2011]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 17, 2014
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Antique Windmills of Earth, Jasper, Minnesota
- Mr. Jimmy's Bench, Excelsior, Minnesota
- Fairchild the State Fair Gopher, Falcon Heights, Minnesota
- Large Walleye, Garrison, Minnesota
- Smiley Face Water Tower, Waite Park, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Champions For Humanity: Mount Rushmore of California, Oakland, California
- Statue of Pegasus, Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Large Floating Rubber Duck, Jacksonville, Florida
- Swamis - Self Realization Fellowship, Encinitas, California
- Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson Statue, College Park, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips