Nederland, Colorado: Carousel of Happiness
Built by artist Scott Harrison, the indoor Carousel of Happiness features 56 hand-carved animals; it's part carnival ride and part folk art exhibit. You can ride it for a dollar.
- 20 Lakeview Drive, Nederland, CO
- South side of downtown. From Hwy 119/N. Bridge St. turn east onto Lakeview Drive, then right into the shopping center parking lot. You'll see the carousel building next to the coffee shop in the railroad car.
- Varies by season (Call to verify)
- $1 to ride
Carousel of Happiness
Visitor Tips and News About Carousel of Happiness
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Carousel of Happiness features 56 hand-carved animals lovingly created by a man named Scott Harrison. Each of the animals has a unique story. The carousel is part carnival ride and part folk art exhibit, and has a gift shop that includes a penny smasher. Nederland isn't very big, so this place is pretty easy to find. My friend and I went there on a road trip last summer and decided it was fun for big kids, too!
[Emily A., 08/23/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 17, 2014
Colorado Latest Tips and Stories
- Wonder Tower - Still Closed, Genoa, Colorado
- Rose Arveson Shrine, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Vampire Grave, Lafayette, Colorado
- Bison Statue, Ault, Colorado
- Rulison Nuclear Blast Site, Parachute, Colorado
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Champions For Humanity: Mount Rushmore of California, Oakland, California
- Statue of Pegasus, Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Large Floating Rubber Duck, Jacksonville, Florida
- Swamis - Self Realization Fellowship, Encinitas, California
- Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson Statue, College Park, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips