Nederland, Colorado: Carousel of HappinessBuilt by artist Scott Harrison, the indoor Carousel of Happiness features 56 hand-carved animals; it's part carnival ride and part folk art exhibit. You can ride it for a dollar.
- 20 Lakeview Drive, Nederland, CO
- South side of downtown. From Hwy 119/N. Bridge St. turn east onto Lakeview Drive, then right into the shopping center parking lot. You'll see the carousel building next to the coffee shop in the railroad car.
- Varies by season (Call to verify)
- $1 to ride
Visitor Tips and News About Carousel of Happiness
The Carousel of Happiness features 56 hand-carved animals lovingly created by a man named Scott Harrison. Each of the animals has a unique story. The carousel is part carnival ride and part folk art exhibit, and has a gift shop that includes a penny smasher. Nederland isn't very big, so this place is pretty easy to find. My friend and I went there on a road trip last summer and decided it was fun for big kids, too![Emily A., 08/23/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Frozen Dead Guy Shed, Nederland, CO - < 1 mi.
- The Face on the Bar Room Floor, Central City, CO - 11 mi.
- Steve Canyon Statue, Idaho Springs, CO - 15 mi.
- In the region: Forney Transportation Museum: Amelia Earhart's Car, Denver, CO - 31 mi.