Miami, Florida: Statue of The Mother of Miami
Landowner Julia Tuttle's orange groves survived a freeze that killed northern Florida crops, so the state's epicenter moved here. She was honored with a statue in 2010.
- Chopin Plaza, Miami, FL
- Downtown, at the southern end of Bayfront Park, next to the playground.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Miami, Florida - Miami Gets Its Mom-ument
Statue of The Mother of Miami:
Of the many virtues attributed to mothers, patience usually places near the top of the list -- mostly patience with their ungrateful kids and kid-like husbands.
[08/01/2010] Complete Story...
Statue of The Mother of Miami
Visitor Tips and News About Statue of The Mother of Miami
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This statue is of Julia Tuttle, Cleveland widow and friend of Henry M. Flagler, who relocated to what was then Fort Dallas. She was instrumental in building the new city of Miami. The statue was unveiled 7/28/10 as part of the city's 114th birthday celebration.
[Lisa Jensen, 08/12/2010]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
June 20, 2013
Florida Latest Tips and Stories
- Souvenir City and Shark Museum, Navarre, Florida
- T. T. Wentworth Jr. Museum, Pensacola, Florida
- "I Dream of Jeannie" TV Town, Cocoa Beach, Florida
- Potter's Wax Museum, St. Augustine, Florida
- Giant MTV Moon Man, Sanford, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Dairy Store, Norwalk, Connecticut
- Big Chairs, Hillsborough, North Carolina
- The Thing?, Dragoon, Arizona
- Graceland Too, Holly Springs, Mississippi
- Apple Boy, High Rolls - Mountain Park, New Mexico
Latest Visitor Tips