Glen Rose, Texas: Dinosaur World100 fiberglass dinosaur sculptures along a wooded trail -- one of several Dinosaur Worlds around the US.
- 1058 Park Road 59, Glen Rose, TX
- Immediately prior to the entrance to Dinosaur Valley State Park. One hour from Dallas-Ft. Worth.
- Daily 9 am - 6 pm. (Call to verify)
- $12.75 for adults - $9.75 for children ages 3 to 12 - $10.75 for seniors over 60
Visitor Tips and News About Dinosaur World
Meandering our way down the curvy Park Road 59, we were surprised to drive up on this attraction. This is a great place tucked away past the Creation Museum and just before the entrance to Dinosaur Valley State Park. I had no idea it was there or I would've made a point to take my kids before they went off to college.
There are over 100 dinosaur statues scattered along the trail. Halfway down the trail is a pond full of hungry Koi. A fish food vending machine is provided there.
Although the trail was a bit hot in the Texas summertime, there is plenty of air conditioning in the tiny museum and the gift shop. There is a picnic area, a fossil dig area and a play ground for the kiddos.
I enjoyed it very much. It was a nice and relaxing stroll through the Jurassic.[TheBentons, 08/27/2010]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Creation Evidence Museum, Glen Rose, TX - < 1 mi.
- Dinosaur Valley State Park, Glen Rose, TX - < 1 mi.
- The Promise - Live Bible Show, Glen Rose, TX - 4 mi.
- In the region: World's Second Oldest Continuously Burning Light Bulb, Fort Worth, TX - 47 mi.