Tarentum, Pennsylvania: Tour-Ed Coal Mine and Museum
Educational mine tour 160 feet below ground with veteran miners. Bonus: above-ground strip mine.
- 748 Bull Creek Rd, Tarentum, PA
- From Pittsburgh: RT. 28 North to Exit 14, Tarentum. Left at stop sign. Turn right onto Ridge Road.
- Mem Day-Labor Day: Daily 10 am - 4 pm, closed Tu. (Call to verify)
- Adult $9m Children 12 & under $7.50 .
Tour-Ed Coal Mine and Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Tour-Ed Coal Mine and Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Tour-Ed Mine and Museum helps you experience what it was like to be a coal miner in the 1850s. The guides are experienced coal miners who treat visitors to an amazing, educational tour 160 feet below ground.
There is also an above-ground strip mine, and a 1785 log house. Haunted Mine tour is in October for Halloween.
[The Findley's, 09/03/2010]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
August 20, 2014
Pennsylvania Latest Tips and Stories
- Time Warp: Abe Lincoln Meets Perry Como, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- Bicycle Heaven Museum, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Night of the Living Dead Cemetery, Evans City, Pennsylvania
- Statue Of Liberfrog, Erie, Pennsylvania
- Praying Founding Fathers Statues, Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Image of Jesus Christ on a Tree, Rochester, New York
- Carson Mansion - Quintessential Haunted House, Eureka, California
- Chrome Longhorn Sculpture, Johnson City, Texas
- President Clinton, Train Engineer, Hope, Arkansas
- Duck Dynasty Headquarters, Monroe, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips