Cardston, Alberta, Canada: Fay Wray Fountain
Hollywood actress Fay Wray's home town remembers her with a fountain and a metal cutout that also incorporates King Kong.
Fay Wray Fountain
Visitor Tips and News About Fay Wray Fountain
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The small border town of Cardston, Alberta Canada was the home to iconic Hollywood actress Fay Wray. Located on South Main Street is the Fay Wray Fountain, a small memorial that the locals erected to honor their favorite daughter.
The fountain is small and made of stone and beside it is a giant metal sign with an image of King Kong and Fay cut into it. For a cut metal sign, the detail on the hair is rather detailed and impressive.
The fountain is located south of Downtown Cardston just before you cross the river (if heading South).
[Todd Knaperek, 09/09/2010]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Blackfoot Indians Made of Scrap, East Glacier Park, MT - 53 mi.
- Head-Smashed-In, World's Most Lavish Buffalo Jump, Fort Macleod, AB, Canada - 39 mi.
- Espresso Tipi, Browning, MT - 46 mi.
- In the region: Talking Penguin Statue, Cut Bank, MT - 59 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 19, 2013
Alberta Latest Tips and Stories
- The Big Head, Canmore, Alberta
- Squirt the Skunk, Beiseker, Alberta
- Fay Wray Fountain, Cardston, Alberta
- World's Biggest Wind Gauge, Lethbridge, Alberta
- Water Tower Restaurant, Lethbridge, Alberta
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- The Cabildo - Death Mask, Caskets, Leeches, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Statue of Old Ben, Hungry Sea Lion, Avalon, California
- Ava Gardner Museum, Smithfield, North Carolina
- Spanish Singing Produce Truck, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
- Fake Airplane Landing, Port Hadlock, Washington
Latest Visitor Tips