Massena, New York: Eisenhower Lock - Watch Tankers
St. Lawrence Seaway Eisenhower Lock is a narrow channel designed to raise and lower ships to the elevation of bodies of water.
St. Lawrence Seaway Eisenhower Lock
- Barnhart Island Rd, Massena, NY
- St. Lawrence Seaway Eisenhower Lock. Hwy 37 to Hwy 131 north to Barnhart Island Rd towards Robert Moses State Park. Parking is on the north side of the Lock.
Eisenhower Lock - Watch Tankers
Visitor Tips and News About Eisenhower Lock - Watch Tankers
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Fascinating opportunity to see engineering in action! Located along Seaway Scenic Highway. Viewing stands are open alongside the lock. No charge, but I was told access is sometimes limited when an oil tanker is locking up or down. We were lucky enough to arrive just as a tanker was entering the lock.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Prehistoric World, Morrisburg, ON, Canada - 13 mi.
- Tuberculin Rabbit Shrine, Paul Smiths, NY - 48 mi.
- Stainless Steel Atlas Rocket, Ottawa, ON, Canada - 48 mi.
- Hitler's Staff Car, Ottawa, ON, Canada - 52 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
August 2, 2014
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- Fox Sisters Spirit Table, Rochester, New York
- Twist O' The Mist, Niagara Falls, New York
- Kronos, Stony Brook, New York
- Camp Hero, Montauk, New York
- Tuberculin Rabbit Shrine, Paul Smiths, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips