Massena, New York: Eisenhower Lock - Watch Tankers
St. Lawrence Seaway Eisenhower Lock is a narrow channel designed to raise and lower ships to the elevation of bodies of water.
St. Lawrence Seaway Eisenhower Lock
- Barnhart Island Rd, Massena, NY
- St. Lawrence Seaway Eisenhower Lock. Hwy 37 to Hwy 131 north to Barnhart Island Rd towards Robert Moses State Park. Parking is on the north side of the Lock.
Eisenhower Lock - Watch Tankers
Visitor Tips and News About Eisenhower Lock - Watch Tankers
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Fascinating opportunity to see engineering in action! Located along Seaway Scenic Highway. Viewing stands are open alongside the lock. No charge, but I was told access is sometimes limited when an oil tanker is locking up or down. We were lucky enough to arrive just as a tanker was entering the lock.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Prehistoric World, Morrisburg, ON, Canada - 13 mi.
- Tuberculin Rabbit Shrine, Paul Smiths, NY - 48 mi.
- Stainless Steel Atlas Rocket, Ottawa, ON, Canada - 48 mi.
- Giant Roll of Lifesavers, Gouverneur, NY - 54 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
August 23, 2014
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- Gravestones as Jetties, Babylon, New York
- Oldest Miniature Golf Course in the USA, Rochester, New York
- Winery Pink Elephant, Portland, New York
- Giant Indian Head, Dunkirk, New York
- The Brain Museum, Buffalo, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Carson Mansion - Quintessential Haunted House, Eureka, California
- Chrome Longhorn Sculpture, Johnson City, Texas
- President Clinton, Train Engineer, Hope, Arkansas
- Duck Dynasty Headquarters, Monroe, Louisiana
- Mary Todd Lincoln's Sanitarium Bed, Batavia, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips