Iowa City, Iowa: Metal Corn CobA metal corn cob sculpture that advertises an agribusiness.
- 2144 Old Hwy 218 S., Iowa City, IA
- Gringer AG. On the east side of Oak Crest Hill Rd SE, just south of the Iowa City airport.
Visitor Tips and News About Metal Corn Cob
If you happen to be driving by, it's worth a look. While the corn cob is impressive in height compared to a human, it disappears next to the giant farm buildings.
Per my teenage son, "Not worth the unbuckle."[Zoe Roberts, 07/23/2014]
Ha! Time to teach the next generation the art of lowered expectations.
This metal corn cob has been here for as long as I can remember. We'd pass it every day going into Iowa City. The individual kernels are outlined by a metal mesh. Also look for small white pig statue.[Steve, 09/13/2010]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- U.S. Air Force Jet, Iowa City, IA - < 1 mi.
- The Black Angel, Iowa City, IA - 3 mi.
- World's Largest Wooden Nickel, Iowa City, IA - 4 mi.
- In the region: Birthplace and Grave of First Pilot to Land on a Ship, Williamsburg, IA - 24 mi.