Sacramento, California: Rainbow Poles
72 rainbow painted poles advertised a paint store.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Rainbow Poles
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
It's a fun little spot to stop across from a park. Memorial Day weekend there is usually the Chalk It Up festival nearby, and kids can climb up and play in a little multicolored bamboo-like forest. [Bart, 07/19/2014]
For at least 40 years these 72 rainbow painted poles have graced this Sacramento corner. The original installation was created by a paint store that used them as a means to advertise the wide variety of colors available within.
Since that time the property has changed hands several times and is currently the home of a blood bank. But fortunately this local landmark endures.
[Phil Pasquini, 09/17/2010]
March 24, 2017
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Diorama Museum of Bhagavad-gita, Los Angeles, California
- Storyland - Child-Free Adults Unwelcome, Fresno, California
- Glory Hole - Monticello Dam Drain, Napa, California
- Large Statue of Pope John Paul II, Duarte, California
- Madera Zoo Site, Stuffed Polly, Madera, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Camas Prairie Railroad Bridges, Craigmont, Idaho
- Mac the Moose, World's Largest, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
- Feature: Museum of Physical Security, Nicholasville, Kentucky
- World's Largest Hockey Stick and Puck, Duncan, British Columbia
- Manis Mastodon, Sequim, Washington