Sacramento, California: Rainbow Poles
72 rainbow painted poles advertised a paint store.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Rainbow Poles
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
It's a fun little spot to stop across from a park. Memorial Day weekend there is usually the Chalk It Up festival nearby, and kids can climb up and play in a little multicolored bamboo-like forest. [Bart, 07/19/2014]
For at least 40 years these 72 rainbow painted poles have graced this Sacramento corner. The original installation was created by a paint store that used them as a means to advertise the wide variety of colors available within.
Since that time the property has changed hands several times and is currently the home of a blood bank. But fortunately this local landmark endures.
[Phil Pasquini, 09/17/2010]
April 26, 2017
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Stainless Steel Drowned Lifeguard, Newport Beach, California
- Piano Staircase, Hollywood, California
- Joshua Tree from The Joshua Tree, Lone Pine, California
- Feature: Sheriff's Museum: Heaven's Gate, San Diego, California
- Topsy-Turvy Palm Tree, Rancho Cucamonga, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Cannonball in a Church Wall, Greeneville, Tennessee
- Rowdy the Roadrunner, San Antonio, Texas
- Der Rheinlander German-Themed Restaurant, Portland, Oregon
- Forrest Gump's Bench, Savannah, Georgia
- Monk's Cafe from Seinfeld, New York, New York