Sacramento, California: Rainbow Poles
72 rainbow painted poles advertised a paint store.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Rainbow Poles
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
It's a fun little spot to stop across from a park. Memorial Day weekend there is usually the Chalk It Up festival nearby, and kids can climb up and play in a little multicolored bamboo-like forest. [Bart, 07/19/2014]
For at least 40 years these 72 rainbow painted poles have graced this Sacramento corner. The original installation was created by a paint store that used them as a means to advertise the wide variety of colors available within.
Since that time the property has changed hands several times and is currently the home of a blood bank. But fortunately this local landmark endures.
[Phil Pasquini, 09/17/2010]
June 29, 2016
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Maze Stone - Mysterious Petroglyph, Hemet, California
- Restaurant Inside An Airplane, Tulare, California
- Dinosaurs of Spanish Town, Half Moon Bay, California
- Feature: English Pub With Double Decker Bus, Giant Pumpkin, Half Moon Bay, California
- Feature: 26-Foot-Tall Coyote, Healdsburg, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- T-Rex Made of Scrap Steel, York, South Carolina
- The First Lady of Hot Dogs, Wytheville, Virginia
- Misty II Headstone, Chincoteague Island, Virginia
- City of Presidents, Rapid City, South Dakota
- Patrick Swayze - Dirty Dancing Memorial Rock, Pembroke, Virginia