Sacramento, California: Rainbow Poles
72 rainbow painted poles advertised a paint store.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Rainbow Poles
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
It's a fun little spot to stop across from a park. Memorial Day weekend there is usually the Chalk It Up festival nearby, and kids can climb up and play in a little multicolored bamboo-like forest. [Bart, 07/19/2014]
For at least 40 years these 72 rainbow painted poles have graced this Sacramento corner. The original installation was created by a paint store that used them as a means to advertise the wide variety of colors available within.
Since that time the property has changed hands several times and is currently the home of a blood bank. But fortunately this local landmark endures.
[Phil Pasquini, 09/17/2010]
November 30, 2015
California Latest Tips and Stories
- City of Ten Thousand Buddhas, Ukiah, California
- Feature: Tonga Room, San Francisco, California
- Feature: Our Lady of Shoes, San Diego, California
- Feature: Death Site of Mexican Robin Hood, Coalinga, California
- Eiffel Tower Fountain, Gasquet, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Lewis and Clark Starting Point Geodetic Marker, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Museum of Wonder, Seale, Alabama
- Grave of The Mother of the Mother Road, Hydro, Oklahoma
- Lucille's Famous Route 66 Gas Station, Hydro, Oklahoma
- Feature: George Jones Museum, Nashville, Tennessee