Sacramento, California: Rainbow Poles
72 rainbow painted poles advertised a paint store.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Rainbow Poles
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
It's a fun little spot to stop across from a park. Memorial Day weekend there is usually the Chalk It Up festival nearby, and kids can climb up and play in a little multicolored bamboo-like forest. [Bart, 07/19/2014]
For at least 40 years these 72 rainbow painted poles have graced this Sacramento corner. The original installation was created by a paint store that used them as a means to advertise the wide variety of colors available within.
Since that time the property has changed hands several times and is currently the home of a blood bank. But fortunately this local landmark endures.
[Phil Pasquini, 09/17/2010]
February 12, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Amelia Earhart Statue, Los Angeles, California
- Hitler's Car, Costa Mesa, California
- Bunnyhenge, Newport Beach, California
- Feature: Vietnamese Boat People Memorial, Westminster, California
- Ice Skater Statue, Culver City, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Bandy's Troll Haven, Sequim, Washington
- Creek County Frog Rock, Mannford, Oklahoma
- 16-Foot-Tall Wireframe AT-AT, Cayce, South Carolina
- Graveside Monument to Mr. Jefferson Nickel, Owosso, Michigan
- Billy's House of Guitars and Musical Museum, Glenwood, Arkansas