Sacramento, California: Rainbow Poles
72 rainbow painted poles advertised a paint store.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Rainbow Poles
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
It's a fun little spot to stop across from a park. Memorial Day weekend there is usually the Chalk It Up festival nearby, and kids can climb up and play in a little multicolored bamboo-like forest. [Bart, 07/19/2014]
For at least 40 years these 72 rainbow painted poles have graced this Sacramento corner. The original installation was created by a paint store that used them as a means to advertise the wide variety of colors available within.
Since that time the property has changed hands several times and is currently the home of a blood bank. But fortunately this local landmark endures.
[Phil Pasquini, 09/17/2010]
October 23, 2016
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Legendary Slot Machines In June Lake, June Lake, California
- Pea Soup Andersen's, Santa Nella, California
- Dinosaur Land Remains, Alpine, California
- Plane on a Stick, Lakewood, California
- Muffler Man - Paul Bunyan, Forestville, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Hobby Horse House - Home of Doll Lady, Matlacha, Florida
- Grave of the Foot of James A. Reid, Salisbury, North Carolina
- Fifty-Foot-Tall Concrete Teepee, Lawrence, Kansas
- Grave of Washington's Last Pallbearer, Lambertville, New Jersey
- Partridge Family Bus Replica, Ashland, New York