Sacramento, California: Rainbow Poles
72 rainbow painted poles advertised a paint store.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Rainbow Poles
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
It's a fun little spot to stop across from a park. Memorial Day weekend there is usually the Chalk It Up festival nearby, and kids can climb up and play in a little multicolored bamboo-like forest. [Bart, 07/19/2014]
For at least 40 years these 72 rainbow painted poles have graced this Sacramento corner. The original installation was created by a paint store that used them as a means to advertise the wide variety of colors available within.
Since that time the property has changed hands several times and is currently the home of a blood bank. But fortunately this local landmark endures.
[Phil Pasquini, 09/17/2010]
August 24, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Longest Covered Bridge West of the Mississippi, Knights Ferry, California
- Westport Whale, Westport, California
- San Quentin Prison Gift Shop (and Museum), San Quentin, California
- Ship Ashore - Little Museum (Closed), Smith River, California
- Screamin' Tub Mannequin, Shasta Lake, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Muffler Man - Happy Halfwit, Winslow, New Jersey
- Feature: The Moon-Eyed People, Murphy, North Carolina
- Daniel's Ridge, Lutsen, Minnesota
- Rock Garden of America, Littleton, North Carolina
- Bancroft Tower, Worcester, Massachusetts