New York, New York: Hotel Lobby Bullet Hole
Hotel bellhop was killed by a stray bullet from an adjacent nightclub -- the patched hole can still be seen in the wall.
Hotel Lobby Bullet Hole
Visitor Tips and News About Hotel Lobby Bullet Hole
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Just inside the Casa Blanc Hotel on the right side of the lobby wall is a small patch of wood below the fire alarm that covers a bullet hole. The once seedy building was transformed into the boutique hotel in 1995 and before reaching its first anniversary was the scene of an unfortunate death. A fight over a woman broke out in an adjacent club and before it was over the 50-year-old hotel bellhop, who had been sitting in a chair was mortally wounded by a stray bullet.
Today the only evidence of this unfortunate event is the simple wood patch on the wall. The hotel staff is friendly and don't mind if you have a look.
[Phil Pasquini, 10/15/2010]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 25, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- Opus 40 - Environmental Sculpture, Saugerties, New York
- U.S. Grant's Death House and Last View Marker, Mount McGregor, New York
- Pacem In Terris, Warwick, New York
- Feature: Haunted House of Wax, Niagara Falls, New York
- Feature: Lincoln Meets Grow-a-Beard Girl, Westfield, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Tallest Roadside Tombstone in the U.S., Merced, California
- Rock Animal Zoo, Scottsboro, Alabama
- Pink Skull Rabbit, San Francisco, California
- Surfer Statue, Jacksonville, Florida
- Music Legends in Bronze, Bakersfield, California
Latest Visitor Tips