San Jose, California: 30-ft. Tall Chuck E. CheeseHuge restaurant chain rat mascot waves from his glass prison.
- 2445 Fontaine Rd, San Jose, CA
- Northbound US Hwy 101 exit ramp to Tully Road on right.
- Always visible. Lit at night.
Visitor Tips and News About 30-ft. Tall Chuck E. Cheese
The world's largest rat! This sculpture sits in a huge window near the intersection of the 101 Freeway and the Tully Road offramp. You can see him best when you are driving north.
Commissioned by Nolan Bushnell in the early '80s, this sculpture was built by sculptor Jeff Tritel early in his career. Tritel, a starving artist, went to Chuck E. Cheese looking for work and, after looking at his portfolio, was asked if he could build a 30-foot rat.
Constructed our of polyurethane foam and fiberglass, the huge rat took six months to build.[Bonnie Tritel, 10/22/2010]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Giant Orange, San Jose, CA - 3 mi.
- Olympic Black Power Statue, San Jose, CA - 3 mi.
- World's Largest Permanent Outdoor Monopoly Board, San Jose, CA - 4 mi.
- In the region: Champions For Humanity: Mount Rushmore of California, Oakland, CA - 42 mi.