San Jose, California: 30-ft. Tall Chuck E. Cheese
Huge restaurant chain rat mascot waves from his glass prison.
- 2445 Fontaine Rd, San Jose, CA
- Northbound US Hwy 101 exit ramp to Tully Road on right.
- Always visible. Lit at night.
30-ft. Tall Chuck E. Cheese
Visitor Tips and News About 30-ft. Tall Chuck E. Cheese
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The world's largest rat! This sculpture sits in a huge window near the intersection of the 101 Freeway and the Tully Road offramp. You can see him best when you are driving north.
Commissioned by Nolan Bushnell in the early '80s, this sculpture was built by sculptor Jeff Tritel early in his career. Tritel, a starving artist, went to Chuck E. Cheese looking for work and, after looking at his portfolio, was asked if he could build a 30-foot rat.
Constructed our of polyurethane foam and fiberglass, the huge rat took six months to build.
[Bonnie Tritel, 10/22/2010]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 7, 2014
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Mr. Little, Santa Ana, California
- Feature: Nude Dude - Naked Surfer Statue, Huntington Beach, California
- Mendenhall's Museum of Gas Pumps and Petroliana, Buellton, California
- Shoe Tree, Amboy, California
- Siamese Twin Bronze Giants, Tracy, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Menagerie of Sculptures, New Gretna, New Jersey
- Sci-Fi Donut Store, Bellingham, Washington
- Tardis in South Carolina, York, South Carolina
- Huge Paper Airplane, Mukilteo, Washington
- Chimpanzee and Human Communication Institute, Ellensburg, Washington
Latest Visitor Tips