Durham, North Carolina: Bronze Camel-With Famous Scientist
Bronze camel and bronze scientist Knut Schmidt-Nielson, famous animal physiologist.
Duke University West Campus
- Science Dr., Durham, NC
- Duke University West Campus - just south of the Biological Sciences building. Assume the usual college parking issues.
Life Sized Bronze Camel-With Added Famous Scientist Bonus!
Visitor Tips and News About Bronze Camel-With Famous Scientist
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
On the Duke University campus there is an eight foot bronze camel sizing up a bronze Knut Schmidt-Nielson, the famous animal physiologist. Schmidt Nelson spent his career studying how animals meet challenges in their environments. I wonder how the bronze camel meets the challenges of living on a college campus in the middle of North Carolina?
[A. Finnerty-Schwier, 10/23/2010]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
January 26, 2015
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Pirate Statue, Otway, North Carolina
- Museum of the Cherokee Indian, Cherokee, North Carolina
- Road to Nowhere, Bryson City, North Carolina
- Taxidermy Hall of Fame of North Carolina Creation Museum, Southern Pines, North Carolina
- U.S. Arsenal Ghost Tower, Fayetteville, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 30-Foot-Tall Native American Head, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Zinc Civil War Soldier, Graves of Interest, Iola, Kansas
- Large Bird Fighting a Snake, Fort Pierce, Florida
- Stuffed Moray Eel in Appliance Store, Glenview, Illinois
- Storytown - Vague Recollections, Lake George, New York
Latest Visitor Tips