Papaikou-Wailea, Big Island, Hawaii: Hula Dancer Photo Op
On the way to Akaka Falls, watch for Mana's Aloha Farm and its plywood hula dancer photo op.
Hula Dancer Photo Op
Visitor Tips and News About Hula Dancer Photo Op
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A minor diversion, worth noting relative to the scarcity of unnatural attractions in Hawaii. On the east side of the big island, State Hwy 22 cuts inland to see one thing: Akaka Falls. A trail takes you to spectacular views in the rain forest -- the falls plummet 422 feet.
So go see that wonder. But on the way there, keep an eye out on the left for a roadside fruit stand for Mana's Aloha Farm, with a plywood hula dancer photo op.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Neo-Entropy - Kayumangi Museum, Honomu, Big Island, HI - 3 mi.
- The Naha Stone, Hilo, Big Island, HI - 9 mi.
- Pacific Tsunami Museum, Hilo, Big Island, HI - 9 mi.
- In the region: Volcano Steam Vents, Volcano, Big Island, HI - 30 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
August 20, 2014
Hawaii Latest Tips and Stories
- Tiny Church, Kahaluu-Keauhou, Big Island, Hawaii
- The Painted Church, Captain Cook, Big Island, Hawaii
- King Kamehameha I Statue, Kapaau, Big Island, Hawaii
- King Kamehameha I Statue #2, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
- Eternal Flame War Memorial, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Taxidermy and Bar-B-Q, Columbus, Texas
- Prabhupada's Palace of Gold, New Vrindaban, West Virginia
- Mardi Gras Museum of Imperial Calcasieu, Lake Charles, Louisiana
- Antique Archaeology - Home of American Pickers, LeClaire, Iowa
- Large Indoor Rocking Chair, West Amana, Iowa
Latest Visitor Tips