Papaikou-Wailea, Big Island, Hawaii: Hula Dancer Photo Op
On the way to Akaka Falls, watch for Mana's Aloha Farm and its plywood hula dancer photo op.
Hula Dancer Photo Op
Visitor Tips and News About Hula Dancer Photo Op
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A minor diversion, worth noting relative to the scarcity of unnatural attractions in Hawaii. On the east side of the big island, State Hwy 22 cuts inland to see one thing: Akaka Falls. A trail takes you to spectacular views in the rain forest -- the falls plummet 422 feet.
So go see that wonder. But on the way there, keep an eye out on the left for a roadside fruit stand for Mana's Aloha Farm, with a plywood hula dancer photo op.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Neo-Entropy - Kayumangi Museum, Honomu, Big Island, HI - 3 mi.
- The Naha Stone, Hilo, Big Island, HI - 9 mi.
- Pacific Tsunami Museum, Hilo, Big Island, HI - 9 mi.
- Laupahoehoe Train Museum, Laupahoehoe, Big Island, HI - 11 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 16, 2014
Hawaii Latest Tips and Stories
- Iolani Palace and Coronation Pavilion, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
- Tiny Church, Kahaluu-Keauhou, Big Island, Hawaii
- The Painted Church, Captain Cook, Big Island, Hawaii
- King Kamehameha I Statue, Kapaau, Big Island, Hawaii
- King Kamehameha I Statue #2, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Windsor Ruins, Port Gibson, Mississippi
- Alien Abduction Statue, The Woodlands, Texas
- The Most Absurd Bar in the World: A Sculpture, Dennysville, Maine
- Eerie Abraham Lincoln Hologram, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Camera Heritage Museum, Staunton, Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips