Arden, North Carolina: Grass Smiley FaceLarge Smiley Face mowed into slope -- a local landmark for many years.
- Sweeten Creek Rd, Arden, NC
- Southeast of Asheville. On the east side of Sweeten Creek Road, halfway between Windsor Drive and Rathfarnham Road. Approximately 0.7 miles south of the intersection of Sweeten Creek Road and Mills Gap Road.
- Private property, visible from street.
Visitor Tips and News About Grass Smiley Face
There is a smiley face mowed into the grass of a large field on the east side of Sweeten Creek Road in Arden, NC. It is halfway between Rathfarnham Road and Windsor Drive. The locals say it's been there for many, many years.
This is a very busy road, with little to no shoulder to pull off on, so be cautious...a slow drive-by might be best. And it is a private residence, so I don't think they'd want people pulling into their driveway.[Rebekah, 10/27/2010]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Biltmore Estate - World's Largest Privately Owned Home, Asheville, NC - 6 mi.
- Mountaineer Inn Sign, Asheville, NC - 7 mi.
- London Double Decker Bus, Asheville, NC - 7 mi.
- In the region: White Squirrel Festival, Brevard, NC - 21 mi.