Utopia, Ohio: Underground ChurchA church buried in the ground is across the highway from the historical marker for the vanished 19th century social commune of Utopia.
- US Hwy 52, Utopia, OH
- South side of US Hwy 52. Entrance is behind a chain link fence next to the parking lot of the Utopia general store.
- Visible, not open to public.
Visitor Tips and News About Underground Church
I took pics of the visible part of the underground church you mentioned is in Utopia, Ohio. You were directly across the street from it when you took the picture of the historical marker. For real...it shares a part of the parking lot of the store. I couldn't get any closer because of the chain link fence surrounding both openings.
Note that the zip for Utopia is a Georgetown zip, which is many miles away in another county! Go figure.[Angela, 11/12/2010]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Utopia, Utopia, OH - < 1 mi.
- U.S. Grant, Native Son, Georgetown, OH - 10 mi.
- Punkyville, Falmouth, KY - 17 mi.
- In the region: Notre Dame Cathedral Replica, Big Stained Glass Window, Covington, KY - 32 mi.