Utopia, Ohio: Underground Church
A church buried in the ground is across the highway from the historical marker for the vanished 19th century social commune of Utopia.
- US Hwy 52, Utopia, OH
- South side of US Hwy 52. Entrance is behind a chain link fence next to the parking lot of the Utopia general store.
- Visible, not open to public.
Visitor Tips and News About Underground Church
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
I took pics of the visible part of the underground church you mentioned is in Utopia, Ohio. You were directly across the street from it when you took the picture of the historical marker. For real...it shares a part of the parking lot of the store. I couldn't get any closer because of the chain link fence surrounding both openings.
Note that the zip for Utopia is a Georgetown zip, which is many miles away in another county! Go figure.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Utopia, Utopia, OH - < 1 mi.
- U.S. Grant, Native Son, Georgetown, OH - 10 mi.
- Punkyville, Falmouth, KY - 17 mi.
- In the region: Charlie Phelps Taft, Robot Son Of President Taft, Cincinnati, OH - 34 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 23, 2014
Ohio Latest Tips and Stories
- Squirrels - Community Art Project, Tiffin, Ohio
- Miracle Virgin Mary Aglow, Campbell, Ohio
- Ohio Valley Steelworker Statue, Steubenville, Ohio
- Boy and the Boot Statue, Wellsville, Ohio
- Soldier Covering His Ears, Bridgeport, Ohio
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Happy Ray Charles in Bronze, Greenville, Florida
- Abraham Lincoln Reads on a Horse, Lincoln City, Oregon
- Feature: Strange Head of Andrew Jackson, Gainesboro, Tennessee
- Feature: Mural of Ronald Reagan, a Great American, Cookeville, Tennessee
- Feature: Extruded Heads of 1930s Sports Stars, Russellville, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips