Utopia, Ohio: Underground Church
A church buried in the ground is across the highway from the historical marker for the vanished 19th century social commune of Utopia.
- US Hwy 52, Utopia, OH
- South side of US Hwy 52. Entrance is behind a chain link fence next to the parking lot of the Utopia general store.
- Visible, not open to public.
Visitor Tips and News About Underground Church
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
I took pics of the visible part of the underground church you mentioned is in Utopia, Ohio. You were directly across the street from it when you took the picture of the historical marker. For real...it shares a part of the parking lot of the store. I couldn't get any closer because of the chain link fence surrounding both openings.
Note that the zip for Utopia is a Georgetown zip, which is many miles away in another county! Go figure.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Utopia, Utopia, OH - < 1 mi.
- U.S. Grant, Native Son, Georgetown, OH - 10 mi.
- Punkyville, Falmouth, KY - 17 mi.
- In the region: Ohio's Oldest Hotel - Owned by Senator, Haunted, Lebanon, OH - 46 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 1, 2014
Ohio Latest Tips and Stories
- Soldier Covering His Ears, Bridgeport, Ohio
- David Grohl Alley, World's Largest Drumsticks, Warren, Ohio
- Former Smallest Book in the World, Cleveland, Ohio
- Planet Art: They Have Landed, Cleveland, Ohio
- Pancakes and Pigs Sculpture of Goodness, Cincinnati, Ohio
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Museum of Aviation, Warner Robins, Georgia
- Popeye Statue, Siloam Springs, Arkansas
- Horse Drawn Steampunk, Elkridge, Maryland
- Giant Cow, Clarion, Pennsylvania
- Mystery Hill And Mystery House, Blowing Rock, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips