Winchester, Virginia: Huge Apple #2
Late model fiberglass apple, within sight of Winchester's original big apple. Remnant of apple statue community art project; painted with portraits of Confederate generals, including Stonewall Jackson -- and other VA notables.
- Piccadilly Street, Winchester, VA
- 1/2 block east of the World's Largest Apple and Handley Library at W. Piccadilly Street (522) and Braddock, south side of street.
Another Huge Apple
Visitor Tips and News About Huge Apple #2
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There's another huge apple in Winchester, about a half block east of the World's Largest Apple on Piccadilly Street. The newer one has portraits of figures important in Winchester history, like Washington, Byrd (of North Pole fame), Stonewall Jackson, etc.
While in the neighborhood it's worthwhile to check out the Handley library, a very beautiful 19th century building. Handley, whoever he was, is also depicted on the apple.
[Will Zaza, 12/21/2010]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 21, 2013
Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- Moo Thru Real Ice Cream, Remington, Virginia
- Light of Truth Universal Shrine - LOTUS, Buckingham, Virginia
- Large Metal Water Pitcher, Lynchburg, Virginia
- Skeeter's World Famous Hot Dogs, Wytheville, Virginia
- T-Rex - Gone, Waynesboro, Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 25-Foot-Tall Santa with Thick Head, Watson, Saskatchewan
- Big Green Dinosaur, Wharton, Texas
- Feature: National Knife Museum, Sevierville, Tennessee
- Metalmorphosis - Giant Head, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Feature: Mud Island, Memphis, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips