Las Vegas, Nevada: Venus - Goddess of Couch DancesVenus, Roman goddess of love and beauty, waits in a suggestive pose for down-on-their-luck gamblers or down-on-their-imagination photographers.
- Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV
- Caesar's Palace. Las Vegas Blvd. South and Flamingo Rd, at the bottom of the stairs near the pedestrian bridge to the Bellagio.
Visitor Tips and News About Venus - Goddess of Couch Dances
Gamblers are known to rub the breasts and private parts of statues for good luck. It may explain the statue mania at Caesar's Palace, where knockoffs of every classical marble statue, real or imagined, are bolted into alcoves or beckoning from pedestals.
One in particular, near an outside stairway, was getting a bit of attention as we walked by. Venus, Roman goddess of love and beauty, appears to be rubbing herself for good luck. Lots of tourists wanted to pose for photos and join in on the fun.[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 12/23/2010]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Houdini Museum, Las Vegas, NV - < 1 mi.
- Fountain Show at the Bellagio, Las Vegas, NV - < 1 mi.
- Statue of David Replica, Las Vegas, NV - < 1 mi.
- 1/3 Scale Statue Of Liberty, Empire State Building, Brooklyn Bridge, Las Vegas, NV - < 1 mi.