Las Vegas, Nevada: Venus - Goddess of Couch Dances
Venus, Roman goddess of love and beauty, waits in a suggestive pose for down-on-their-luck gamblers or down-on-their-imagination photographers.
- Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV
- Caesar's Palace. Las Vegas Blvd. South and Flamingo Rd, at the bottom of the stairs near the pedestrian bridge to the Bellagio.
Venus - Goddess of Couch Dances
Visitor Tips and News About Venus - Goddess of Couch Dances
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Gamblers are known to rub the breasts and private parts of statues for good luck. It may explain the statue mania at Caesar's Palace, where knockoffs of every classical marble statue, real or imagined, are bolted into alcoves or beckoning from pedestals.
One in particular, near an outside stairway, was getting a bit of attention as we walked by. Venus, Roman goddess of love and beauty, appears to be rubbing herself for good luck. Lots of tourists wanted to pose for photos and join in on the fun.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 12/23/2010]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 23, 2014
Nevada Latest Tips and Stories
- Yard Art - Fort Carson, Carson City, Nevada
- Cock-N-Bull Lounge, Fallon, Nevada
- Bucket of Blood Saloon, Virginia City, Nevada
- Wild Bighorn Sheep Roam Public Park, Boulder City, Nevada
- National Automobile Museum, Reno, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Ohio's Smallest Church, Coolville, Ohio
- Indian Head Rock, Cotton Hill, West Virginia
- Last Picture Show Theater - The Royal Theatre, Archer City, Texas
- Bed and Toothbrush of Pope John Paul II, Kansas City, Kansas
- King Kong Crushing Airplane, Natural Bridge, Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips