Barbourville, Kentucky: Tiny Church
The Smallest Church in Knox County Kentucky is only 10 ft. x 12 ft., built in the mid-1970s.
Old Barbourville Church
- Johnson Ln., Barbourville, KY
- From Corbin (I-75) US-25E southeast about 16 miles to Barbourville. Turn at the first right toward Barbourrville on Knox Street. Turn right at first red light onto Allison Ave, past US Post Office and Jessi D. Lay School and turn right at Johnson Lane. Follow back past the rear of the Barbourville Water Park. Church is at the rear of the parking area.
- Summer M-F 10 am - 4 pm.
Visitor Tips and News About Tiny Church
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Old Barbourville Church is the Smallest Church in Knox County, being only 10'X12'. The Church is not actually as old as it would seem, as it was built in the mid-1970s, but is very tiny and holds only about a dozen people. The church can be used for weddings and events by applying at the Knox County Court House.
The beautiful little chapel sits next to the Barbourville Water Park, once a brick factory, with ponds left from the digging of the clay used in making the bricks..
[Paul R. Mays, 01/01/2011]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 15, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kentucky Latest Tips and Stories
- King Arthur's Round Table - Literary Park, Hopkinsville, Kentucky
- Project Restoring Muffler Man with Hideous Head, Morton's Gap, Kentucky
- Pink Elephant, Guthrie, Kentucky
- Lightning Portrait of Startled Lady Bather, Russellville, Kentucky
- Big Cow Statue, Guthrie, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Windsor Ruins, Port Gibson, Mississippi
- Alien Abduction Statue, The Woodlands, Texas
- The Most Absurd Bar in the World: A Sculpture, Dennysville, Maine
- Eerie Abraham Lincoln Hologram, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Camera Heritage Museum, Staunton, Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips