Durham, North Carolina: Mercury-Redstone Rocket Replica
In front of the Museum of Life and Science stands an 83-ft. tall replica of the rocket and capsule that carried the first American into space.
Museum of Life and Science
- 433 W. Murray Ave., Durham, NC
- Museum of Life and Science. North of I-85, take US Hwy 501 for about a mile, left on Murray Ave.
- Free to see rocket.
Mercury-Redstone Rocket Replica
Visitor Tips and News About Mercury-Redstone Rocket Replica
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
We found this replica of the Mercury-Redstone rocket in Durham, NC at the Museum of Life and Science. This is the same place you'll find the Old Brontosaurus/Dinosaur Trail. It is in front of the museum.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Old Brontosaurus, New Dino Trail, Durham, NC - < 1 mi.
- Rainbow Scissors, Durham, NC - 2 mi.
- Tobacco Museum: Farmer Robot, Durham, NC - 1 mi.
- In the region: Tiny Church, Log Cabin Style, Gibsonville, NC - 38 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 25, 2014
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Tail of the Dragon - Tree of Shame, Deals Gap, North Carolina
- Vollis Simpson's Whirligigs, Lucama, North Carolina
- Self Kicking Machine #2, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Mystery Hill And Mystery House, Blowing Rock, North Carolina
- Birthplace of Pepsi, New Bern, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Cateraptasaurus, Rosedale, Maryland
- Mother Mary's Totem, San Luis, Colorado
- Penobscot Narrows Observatory and Bridge, Prospect, Maine
- Big Travel Mug, North Smithfield, Rhode Island
- Mr. Potato Head Pizza Guy, Providence, Rhode Island
Latest Visitor Tips