Bowling Green, Ohio: Human Fingers in a Jar
Wood County Historical Center and Museum
- 13660 County Home Rd, Bowling Green, OH
- Wood County Historical Center and Museum. Southeast of town. Just east of I-75 exit 179. Drive east on US Hwy 6. Make first right east of the freeway onto County Home Rd, and drive to the museum, which will be on the left.
- April - Oct. or by appt. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Major Fun
The Wood County Historical Museum displays the fingers of murder victim Mary Bach and the knife used to sever them. Roadsideamerica.com Report... [10/17/2011]
Visitor Tips and News About Human Fingers in a Jar
It's more than just fingers in a jar... The museum was a poor house/infirmary/invalid home. The people there kept the museum open after closing so we could look around. Every room has a description of what it used to be (includes a morgue) and is very visitor-friendly. One highlight of the grounds is a lunatic house that you can go in. If the staff hadn't been so nice, it would be creepy.
Also present is a bird Clark Gable shot and it's not really known why it's there. As for the fingers, they were cut off by the doctor for court use, not by the killer (husband), but the knife did kill her and the rope did hang him.[Steve Churcher, 08/13/2007]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- World's Largest Bronze Falcon, Bowling Green, OH - 2 mi.
- National Construction Equipment Museum, Bowling Green, OH - 6 mi.
- Decommissioned Army Rocket, Toledo, OH - 21 mi.
- In the region: Noah's Ark, Dillinger's Jail Cell, Things Swallowed, Lima, OH - 49 mi.