St. James, Missouri: Vacuum Museum and Factory Tour
Exhibit of the rise of the modern vacuum cleaner, traced through the decades since 1900. It's part of a vacuum cleaner factory that made the Air Force One vacuum for George W. Bush.
- 3 Industrial Drive, St. James, MO
- I-44 exit 195, south on Jefferson St., turn left on St. James Blvd., then left on Springfield Rd., then right on Industrial Dr.
- M-Sa 9-5. Plant tour M-Th 9-4:30, must call one day in advance. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Vacuum Museum & Factory Outlet
Visitor Tips and News About Vacuum Museum and Factory Tour
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
It's a vacuum museum set up inside with vacuums in rooms decorated like different decades, starting in 1900. It's kind of cool that they have the advertisements for the vacuums on the walls. I got to see a vacuum my grandma used when I was a kid.
We couldn't get a tour of the factory upstairs when we were there, but they do that when it's open.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 22, 2013
Missouri Latest Tips and Stories
- Whispering Arch, St. Louis, Missouri
- Totem Pole Trading Post, Rolla, Missouri
- Concrete Pink Gorilla, Branson, Missouri
- Large Chair, Old Mines, Missouri
- Lambert's - Home of Throwed Rolls, Ozark, Missouri
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 25-Foot-Tall Santa with Thick Head, Watson, Saskatchewan
- Big Green Dinosaur, Wharton, Texas
- Feature: National Knife Museum, Sevierville, Tennessee
- Metalmorphosis - Giant Head, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Feature: Mud Island, Memphis, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips