Florence, Alabama: Forks of Cypress Replica
See what the Forks of Cypress plantation home looked like before lightning burnt up everything but its 24 columns. Check your bank balance at the same time!
Forks of Cypress Replica
Visitor Tips and News About Forks of Cypress Replica
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Forks of Cypress plantation was known for its 24 columns that surrounded the entire house. When the mansion burned to the ground on June 6, 1966, all that remained was all 24 columns.
This building in Florence is an exact replica of the original Forks of Cypress home (except for the bank teller drive-thru in the back). It is now home of Regions Bank and sits about five miles from the original home where the columns still remain.
[Ben Tate, 03/02/2011]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Giant Aluminum Rock 'n' Roller, Sheffield, AL - 3 mi.
- Forks of Cypress Plantation Ruins, Florence, AL - 4 mi.
- Cloverdale Spook Lights, Cloverdale, AL - 10 mi.
- In the region: The Big Red Store - Coffins, Moon Pies, etc., Five Points, TN - 29 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 7, 2013
Alabama Latest Tips and Stories
- To Kill A Mockingbird Town and Museum, Monroeville, Alabama
- Paul Bunyan Woodsman, Stapleton, Alabama
- Fallen Giant Robot - Goldie 1971, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Moon Winx Lodge Sign, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Elaborate Doll House Grave Of Nadine Earles, Lanett, Alabama
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Longest Epitaph In Granite, Bloomington, Illinois
- Coffinwood, Pahrump, Nevada
- White Squirrels of the Pacific, Dana Point, California
- Grave of the Oldest Civil War Soldier, Chillicothe, Iowa
- Munch Box, Chatsworth, California
Latest Visitor Tips