Sacramento, California: Giant Needle and ThreadPoking up from the Meissner Sewing Center building is a tall needle with a rope of thread drooping from it. Visible on the edge of the northbound exit.
Meissner Sewing Center
- 2417 Cormorant Way, Sacramento, CA
- Meissner Sewing and Learning Center. I-80 northbound exit to El Camino Ave, on the right.
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Needle and Thread
Outside of Meissner Sewing is a giant needle and thread. It is conveniently along the highway -- no need to pull over. You can just gawk as you pass.[Roadside Millie, 03/07/2011]
Up close, it looks like a flagpole sharpened to a point. In fact, it probably works best as a drive-by sight.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Random Giant Woman's Head, Sacramento, CA - 4 mi.
- Wall of Drinking Fountains, Sacramento, CA - 4 mi.
- Ship-shaped Water Intake Facility, Sacramento, CA - 4 mi.
- In the region: Roadside Grave of Old Joe - Murdered Stagecoach Horse, Foresthill, CA - 38 mi.